2can (tucan Toucan Twocan) + A Bit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icarussound

Reaction score
Hiya all! I got a deal on Coopers Heritage Lager kit and Coopers Traditional draught kit so thinking about 2 batches of 2 cans. I wonder if someone could suggest a yeast? I'd rather use dry (inexpensive!) yeast and can get Feremtis varieties, but also obviously have the Coopers in the kit.

2 x 1.7kg Thomas Cooper Heritage Lager
0.8 Cooper light LME
14 g Warrior hops @ 20 mins
14 g whole Cascade hops - dry hop
23 L
OG 1056, FG 1014. IBU 57, ABV 5.8%
yeast?

1.7kg Thomas Cooper Heritage Lager
1.7kg Thomas Cooper Traditional Draught
0.8 Cooper light LME
14 g Warrior hops @ 20 mins
14 g whole Cascade hops - dry hop
23 L
OG 1056, FG 1014. IBU 58, ABV 5.8%
yeast?

Oh and if these look stupid let em know! I like hoppy beers and these are the hops I have right now...

Steve

if you checkout CRAFTBREWERS site[top of page in the yeast selection you will get all the info on the different yeasts and what they do as to the style of beer your after-british/american/belgian ect ie:saf04-english us05 american
it all depends what you want,my prefs are saf04/us05/nottingham

Thanks for the reply - actually I was thinking about the yeast more than the hops, an online recipe says:

"Use both yeast sachets plus an active yeast culture"

- that for 2 cans of the Heritage Lager. Seems like a lot of yeast and I have read of airlocks blowing off and killing passers by from some 2 can batches. So I figured I'd get some thoughts before doing anything dangerous!

At what temperature will you ferment them?

As you asked for yeast choices thats what I sugested,didn't mention hops,different yeasts=different beer styles.
my last toucan I only used 1 sachat of yeast[coops stout-coops dark grains+dry malts 20ltrs us05 yeast came out 7.1%
14 days primary @ 18*c] very nice

As you asked for yeast choices thats what I sugested,didn't mention hops,different yeasts=different beer styles.
my last toucan I only used 1 sachat of yeast[coops stout-coops dark grains+dry malts 20ltrs us05 yeast came out 7.1%
14 days primary @ 18*c] very nice

No offense man, I tend to think of beer styles as bitterness, color, maltiness & the like and yeast to be more neutral - though I freely admit I know shit!

I will be fermenting this at 18-20C. I guess I'll try just using the two coopers sachets included in the cans and see what happens!

no offence taken,but different types of yeast is what gives you the different styles,some remove more malts some dont eat as much malt but may remove other flavours some ferment faster some ferment clearer as far as a neutral yeast I dont think there is one, maybe saf04 or us05 as an allrounder as for the coopers the heritage would be superior over the draught,but if it is a true lager yeast you should ferm at about 12*if you want a larger,ales at 18*

Latest posts

Back