2brothers Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitternacht Brauer

Reaction score
:D I have just been to a new brew pub in Moorabbin called 2brothers . I first saw a note about it in the 1st beer and brewer mag and kept note as it's only 2 minutes walk from work. As the mate and myself were still on works time we couldn't stay long but right on the first opening minute we went in and tasted a loverly pilsner .The place looks smik and was offered a look around the vessels that had come all the way from Times Square . Will continue investigation into this brewery after Xmas hopefully.

i'v been meaning to get off my arse and have a look at the place myself, i suspect i will be there more than once over the chirstmas holidays

nice and close to keys club too :p (not that i go for that sorta thing:) )

-Phill

I have just returned home after a visit to 2 Brothers Brewery in Morrabbin. I must say I was surprised to find it really busy as it is off the beaten track in an industrial area of Morrabbin and it has been pissing down for the last five hours. Apparently Mitre Ten was having a bit of a Xmas do there tonight and thus the crowd but there were also a fair few people who had breazed in from a couple of the local factories and in their own words were more than happy with finding a place to call their own. Every one seemed to be enjoying the three beers on offer - a Pils, A belgian style wheat with a bit of mandarin thrown in and a Brown Ale. Well almost everyone was enjoying the beer except for two blokes who I had a chat with who were drinking bundy and coke (swore by the stuff actually) they kind of liked the beer but couldnt drink it all night although one did say the Brown ale was a bit like sewer water. When I asked what they would usually drink all night the reply was 'draught'....mmm I rest my case. When I asked them what they had against beer with flavour they looked quizically at me and thoughtfully sipped their bundy and cokes. I moved on.

David and Andrew are young, enthusiatic and glad to be open and I reckon doing a good job. I liked the beer but did find the three of them had the same kind of sweetness about them and therefore whilst quite different in style they had a sameness to them. I dont know if that is due to the beers not having much tank age to them and being a bit green or not.

This is not a criticism of the beer but an observation and I look forward to seeing how the beers develop over the next year as the brewery and brewers really get to know each other intimately. They have been open two days and already have a good product. As Andrew and David said to me it is early days they are just happy to be open but they know there is much to do to make sure the brewery and the beer does what they want it to. First things first is to let people know it is there - so guys and girls reading this who reside in Melbourne get down there and have a few you wont be disappointed.

'Mercs Own' date='Dec 21 2007, 07:24 PM' post='271545']

This is not a criticism of the beer but an observation and I look forward to seeing how the beers develop over the next year as the brewery and brewers really get to know each other intimately. They have been open two days and already have a good product. As Andrew and David said to me it is early days they are just happy to be open but they know there is much to do to make sure the brewery and the beer does what they want it to. First things first is to let people know it is there - so guys and girls reading this who reside in Melbourne get down there and have a few you wont be disappointed.
Great news of the boys success - everyone except their competitors wish them well, no doubt. With your long term and hard won reputation both professionally but far more importantly as a home brewer, its good to see you offering your opinion to new brewers in the form of attendance and personal feedback . Certainly its a feedback too that AHBers can accept so I hope your fellows Vics make the journey to Morabbin (wherever that is - just another suburb in a crowded city to this "bushie"). If this National Beer Convention thingy happens as planned next October, I'll be in Ava Gardner's favourite city and hope to visit the 2brothers and other great beer joints in a week long binge.

:D I have just been to a new brew pub in Moorabbin called 2brothers . I first saw a note about it in the 1st beer and brewer mag and kept note as it's only 2 minutes walk from work. As the mate and myself were still on works time we couldn't stay long but right on the first opening minute we went in and tasted a loverly pilsner .The place looks smik and was offered a look around the vessels that had come all the way from Times Square . Will continue investigation into this brewery after Xmas hopefully.

Article in todays Herald Sun..............

Back