2014 Western Australian State Amateur Brewers Competition (WASABC) –

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jyo said:
Awesome scores there, Dane.

I bombed out with a high score of 35.
Thats still pretty good man, bronze! My apa bombed out below 30 but I knew it needed work so doesnt at all surprise me.

Well done lads any chance of a look at you're dark larger recipe Dane
Good to see ya still brewing jyo

rude said:
Well done lads any chance of a look at you're dark larger recipe Dane
Good to see ya still brewing jyo
Yeeah for sure man. Its actually a good mates 'mikey' recipe that I originally stuffed up and then tweaked to end up where I am atm. Ill pm you the details.

cheers mate thinking of doing a munich dunkle with a dark lager next ferment fit 2 in fridge

2014 Western Australian State Amateur Brewers Competition Awards Night.
Was held at The Print Hall Bob's Bar, Brookfield Place St George's Terrace Perth Wednesday 1st October.
The scene was set on the roof which was a beautiful warm city night, everyone appeared to be having a great time in a relaxed and enjoyable setting, with a excellent range of WA craft beers on tap.

If you have not yet discovered The Print Hall well worth a night out, or after work drinks it's a must. With their Professional knowledgeable staff and outstanding food and beverages it is the real deal.

While everyone was enjoying pre-drinks and talking about home brewing, the night had moved quickly and it was time to get into the presentation of the awards. MC Gary Drury started by thanking our sponsors, volunteers and the exhibitors on making this Competition possible, and which happen to be the biggest mount of entries 305 in it's eight's year of the Competition.

This Competition offers everyone the platform to challenge their skills amongst the best brewers in the State, and get invaluable feedback from our BJCP certified judges. Whether you win or not, this feedback will help everyone to become a better brewer, raise the overall skill level in our State, and ultimately help developing Award winning brews.

All 20 category's had a 1st 2nd and 3rd where all revived a medal and a prize pack on their splendid efforts, plus giving them the opportunity to enter the National “AABC” which will be held in Canberra 16th October 2014.

Congratulations to all of the place getter's on their achievements as it was a very high quality competition.

Also a big Congratulations to the Following

2014 WASABC Best of Show
Cameron Stewart for his Flanders Red Ale
Kindly Sponsored by: The Monk Brewery & Kitchen and BrewMart

2014 WASABC Champion Brewer
Asher Mitchell
Kindly Sponsored by: The Monk Brewery & Kitchen and BrewMart

2013 WASABC Best Kit Beer
Dale Carroll for his Belgian Witbier
Kindly Sponsored by: Little Creatures brewing

Spohaw said:
Is this on again this year ?
It is Spohaw. The dates are Sept 5-6 currently so Id expect drop off to be late August so get brewing :) I think the website is going to be updated soon.

Might have to give this a go this year, hopefully get some feed back on my beers to try and improve them.

Latest posts

Back