2013, What Will Be Your Theme/project/experiments?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah why do you think they tell you not to put your head under water at those temps. Breeding grounds for bacteria and ear infections. Or chooch infections!!

mje1980 said:
Next year i plan on ( roughly ) doing the following.

1.) Brew a nice dry hoppy UK pale ale. I mostly do mild ales, and whenever i do an ESB or pale ale i seem to add too much spec malts, and im never super happy with them, so next year i plan on brewing a decent hoppy,dry UK pale ale. Got lots of first gold so i'll use it!

2.) Milk stout/porter. I plan on trying some lactose too, more than likely in a stout, but maybe a porter too if i like the results. Maybe even in a mild.

3.) Brew more hefe's. Been researching hefe's pretty thoroughly, and have got the 3 step mash down in my esky tun, so hope to brew some more of those.

4.) More strong beers. I do a few a year, usually american IIPA, but i want to try to brew a reasonable belgian golden/strong ale. My recent effort, is, well, underwhelming!. My 7% brown ale ( result of a miscalculation ) is bloody nice though, need to repeat somehow.

I think that'll keep me busy enough. I was going to add "brew more mild", but that's gunna happen anyway haha.

What about the rest of you'se?
Well, I've got a uk pale ale ready to keg, I have a 10.3% IIPA bottled, and a milk stout in the keg, so I'm on track already haha

Thought I'd add to mine. I'm keen to get a pure O2 setup, and have just ordered some ph strips, so I can measure my mash ph etc, rather than just guessing. Also plan on using the O2 for fermenting.

doon said:
yeah why do you think they tell you not to put your head under water at those temps. Breeding grounds for bacteria and ear infections. Or chooch infections!!
#3 on the list. 2 birds, 1 stone.

1. Buy a second fridge of e bay for $50< and within 50km of my postcode.

2. Fit the hose from my mash tun with a tap, thus rendering the timber dowel I currently jam in the end obsolete.

Win enough cash punting on the footy to buy a TIG Welder and make some awesome bling

Get the brewery set up in the new place with:
  • Sink
  • Decent plumbing
  • Rain water tank
  • heavy duty brew stand.
All that is secondary to passing exams <_<

1. finish the HERMS PID.
2. brew more sours
3. brew the collaboration sour that we have been talking about
4. get the wine barrel to store said sour in.
5. a gyle off every double batch
6. brew lots of big beers that are on my list

I have a few brew projects...

1. Make a new brew stand (I'll have that done by the weekend)
2. Brew a RIS (hopefully on the new stand this weekend)
3. Set up the Brewery/Man Cave a little better (I can do that this weekend!)
4. Get an O2 kit
5. Improve my 35 or so point beers to 40 or beyond.

ill be running around like a mad idiot trying to get me new house finished.

The plan will be to brew enough to keep up with my beer consumption and mates that will be working on the house.

Although the unit I'm living in while building only has rain water, so i can do some experiments with getting my water right.

build a brew frame
upgrade from my 36L HLT to a 97L HLT with dual elements
most importantly - Brew more!

1. finish keg fridge (manifold on the way)
2. keep keg fridge full
3. Dedicated boil kettle (posibbly an old 18 gal keg I have in the shed)
4. get some pumps
5.finish counter flow chiller (need some 20mm Hose)
6. build a frame
7. get a hermit (might be next year)

Drew9242 said:
ill be running around like a mad idiot trying to get me new house finished.

The plan will be to brew enough to keep up with my beer consumption and mates that will be working on the house.

Although the unit I'm living in while building only has rain water, so i can do some experiments with getting my water right.

And give roach some hops for dave!

Latest posts

Back