2013, What Will Be Your Theme/project/experiments?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finish my brew setup. Get a 40L urn and go fishing more

1) want to experiment with some wild ferments, some 'commercial' examples i have tried are pretty nice, quotations as im not sure how wild they really were
2) +1 fish, i need to go fishing more

1. Finish HERMS Mk II
2. Rebuild controller using PID's

Screwy

1. Exercise more
  2. Lose 10kg (see above)
  3. Get the boat out and go fishing more often
  4. Improve water profiling & pH management
  5. Buy a pH meter accurate to 2 decimal places (see above)
  6. Improve sparge process to reduce tannin uptake causing occasional clarity issues
  7. Focus on yeast health during fermentation including pitch rates & nutrients

So many things to do, so little time.

1) Brew more sours. Already started a Berliner Weisse, time to get some lambics and gueze's happening.

2) Stop breaking 23L and 53L demijohns. (Nozel came off a high pressure hose, two birds with one stone.)

2.) Getting more creamy milkiness into my porter.

3.) More Belgian Dubbels and Tripples

1) Find a really easy drinking beer 4% or so - and make this the only new beer I try to make.
2) Get control of my garage, getting too much stuff, bottles kegs etc.
3) Get better at chilling APA's (I no chill the rest) - tweak the chiller to suit my pot better.

Priorities are:

1. Motorise mill - Install it onto an old overhead cupboard and turn the old stand into a bar stool.
2. Attempt to brew beer to defined styles rather than the old chuck it in method.
3. Enter at least one comp for the year for unbiased feedback.
Could keep going but won't achieve everything.
3 is a good number that looks achievable.

Nibbo

Finish breweries (3V and 1V)
Acquire another fridge (for lagers)
Buy 3 more corneys
Fix grain mills

Mate,
drop the get married part

Nothing good ever comes from that :D

i will contest this statement :p was my wife who helped push me into a hobby ie home brewing. If not for her i would not have started this trip.

To add to my previous list, I would also like to motorize my mill in plan for doing double batches on the upgraded MT.

Seems like most of us have some sort of plan for next year. Hardest part is sticking to it for me, im really good at planning something, then doing something different last minute!!

1) motorize mill
2) learn welding and build biab stand, mill stand etc
3) build 3V HERMS

:)

My Goals
1. Step up to Extract from K&K, maybe even try some AG
2. Set up A Fermentation Fridge
3. Get A Keg System!!! :super:

Build my Herm-it rig & PID. Learn how to wire a PID!

...post more in AHB. :beerbang:

1. get my chesty sorted for kegs
2. get my hefe down packed
3. brew more veriety

Nibbo said:
Priorities are:

1. Motorise mill - Install it onto an old overhead cupboard and turn the old stand into a bar stool. - Done & Dusted...How nice is it to watch the grain dissappear into the hopper without needing to worry about all the smoke coming out of your drill...now for the other 2 with 11 months to go...
2. Attempt to brew beer to defined styles rather than the old chuck it in method.
3. Enter at least one comp for the year for unbiased feedback.
Could keep going but won't achieve everything.
3 is a good number that looks achievable.

Nibbo

1: Finish my new HLT
2: Lots of wheat based beers (here, krystal, dunkel)
3: English ales
4: Cider

Mainly to brew more than last year. Hopefully uni schedule is a little more forgiving.

Nibbo said:
Priorities are:

1. Motorise mill - Install it onto an old overhead cupboard and turn the old stand into a bar stool. - Done & Dusted...How nice is it to watch the grain dissappear into the hopper without needing to worry about all the smoke coming out of your drill...now for the other 2 with 11 months to go...
Indeedy.

I updated my mill from MDF (The new mill is sitting on the old one) to steel and gave her a paint job.
Holds about 5-6 buckets worth, you just need to press stop and change buckets.

IMG_1226.JPG

My priority this year is to get my electric brewery finished and running by the end of the year, due to work commitments I have not had a chance to get any more work done since I last posted on the build. All the major components I need are here, just need more days in the week and more time at home.
SWMBO however has decided that the house renovations come first, kinda hard to argue with that one.
At least I still have the old trusty 3v system to fall back on.

Oh.... and brew more beer this year and get my arse along to the west coast brewers club eventually! I have been saying that for a long time.
I have decided to call my new system the Double Plugga Brewery. A mate knocked me up a sign in his workshop to put on the front of the control panel. That's about the only progress made since December, arghhhh!!!

DSCN0600.JPG

Latest posts

Back