2013 funky case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
hey all,
whos up again this year.
happy to host and sort them if no one else wants to do it. shall we aim for the same time again ie november.
same rules as last time

1. barls

I'm out this year. Sorry but don't have anything on the go and still got loads of last year's to get through.

Drinking your oud bruin at the moment Barls. If I can be bothered finding the single post thread thingamy, I'll write notes. Otherwise I'll put them in the other thread.

no problems manticle, let me know what you think of it.
need to open a bottle myself and havent started on last years one yet

Just loaded up AHB to check if you posted this barls after talking about it last night! It also prompted me to keg a corny of my buckwheat today.

I'm definitely in again - the few beers I've had from last years swap so far have been excellent. Also happy to help you on the day with the bottle juggling barls if you host.

1. barls
2. Josh
3 Goldenchild
4. Nick R

Right this is the swap for sour and funky beers. I'll dig out the exact rules from last year later. But in a nut shell brew a sour or funky. Bottle then supply ether 2 stubbles or one long neck per entrant to the person running it ie me. I'll sort and every one gets one from every one. This is an acquired taste thing so not for new brewers but those that enjoy this style of beer. It's been run the last couple of years quite successfully.

Here's the rules

Announcing a call for entrants for the 4th Funky Beer Swap.

Every year I have been amazed at the range and quality of the beer's that we get in the Funky Beer swap. If Sour/Funky beers are your thing, get on board.

The 2012 swap has been timed so that the swap can be done at or around the ANHC (25th-27th october), failing that, courier delivery seems reasonably priced for australia wide delivery.

Rules

The swap will occur at the end of october 2013 (beers Must have reached the swap point before or on the 25th of october to facilitate swapping

Please only submit deliberately funked/soured beers that are of a pleasing nature!

The actual swap will occur via post/courier in October or by hand delivery.

Please provide either 2 x 330ml or 1 x 750mL bottle/s per person

Your swap contribution may be made up of different beers i.e. 6 bottles of flanders red, 6 of lambic.

To be a part of this case swap please add your name and proposed brew to the following list.

I can't seem to find an upper limit on people but I think it was 14 entrants. We can revise as needed.

Latest posts

Back