2012 Tanunda Show Homebrew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luka

Reaction score
Well another year has gone by very quickly and the 2012 Tanunda Show is rapidly approaching. The homebrew competition of the Tanunda Show is a vital part of South Australia's homebrew community and many SABSOSA winners have also been succesful in the Tanunda Show.

I have attached an updated category list, with the addition of Black IPA's to the American Ale class. Although not officially a part of the AABC guidelines, it is a lot of fun to include a great new style like this. So lets make 2012 dark and hoppy! Entry form are also attached, please remember to attach a label to each bottle and that we require TWO bottles per entry. A reminder too, please do not include your name on the label attached to the bottle. Your name need only appear on the entry form. I will collate all entries and assign an entry number.

Entries close Monday, February 27th with judging taking place on the weekend of the 3rd & 4th March. Unfortunately that once again clashes with Soundwaves, but I will still put the call out for as many BJCP judges and experienced judges as we can find. there was a great turn out for the SABSOSA and AABC judging in 2011 and it makes it so much easier when there a plenty of judges to help out. Please PM me if you can asssist with judging.

Cheers.
Luke

View attachment Tan_show_2012_HOME_BREWED_BEER_book_info.doc

View attachment TAN_SHOW_ENTRY_FORM.pdf

Excellent. I'll be in again this year. Hopefully match my 1st from last year. Only one beer on offer though; Scottish 70/- that I'm brewing for my wedding reception!

Posted entrys from other states,we send to one of these,is that correct?
Luke Willis C/O Rockford Wines, Krondorf Road, Tanunda
Brewmaker, 5/560 North East Rd, Holden Hill;
Beerbelly, Prospect Rd, Blair Athol

Is there an address for entries direct or do we post to the retailers listed?

Last year I sent mine to Luke @ Rockford Wines Tanunda. But contact Luke or call him and confirm.

Bump!

Still need more judges to kindly volunteer their time. Judging will be held Saturday March 3rd in Tanunda (exact location tbc). The Drunk Arab is driving up for the day, so I'm sure he will have a couple of spare seats for those who are concerned about driving. Please PM me if you can help out.

Luke

Bump!

Still need more judges to kindly volunteer their time. Judging will be held Saturday March 3rd in Tanunda (exact location tbc). The Drunk Arab is driving up for the day, so I'm sure he will have a couple of spare seats for those who are concerned about driving. Please PM me if you can help out.

Luke

And again!
There must be some judges that helped out @ SABSOSA available that weekend, please PM me and I'll give you the details.

Thank you to all those that entered their beers in to the 2012 Tanunda Show. All entrants have been emailed their individual results, attached is a list of the full results from this year. I think several changes will be made to the format of next years' show to make it more manageable. Congratulations to Wayne Lunn for picking up the BBB award with 5 placings (including 3 firsts) from 6 entries, an excellent example of quality over quantity. All judging sheets and uncollected prizes will be distributed in the coming week.

Luke

View attachment 2012_Tanunda_Show_Results.xls

Thank you to all those that entered their beers in to the 2012 Tanunda Show. All entrants have been emailed their individual results, attached is a list of the full results from this year. I think several changes will be made to the format of next years' show to make it more manageable. Congratulations to Wayne Lunn for picking up the BBB award with 5 placings (including 3 firsts) from 6 entries, an excellent example of quality over quantity. All judging sheets and uncollected prizes will be distributed in the coming week.

Luke
5. Beer will be judged with the standard 50 point-judging sheet with scores for Appearance (6 points), Aroma (9), Flavour (25), Mouthfeel (5) & Body and Overall impression (5).
Did the weightings change too or just the score total?

Congrats to you Luke for organising yet another great comp :icon_cheers: Looking forward to a bigger and better one next year.

Latest posts

Back