2010 Adelaide, Mildura & Whyalla Case Swap Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewbot's Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale

Very clear, pale straw - great colour - low to medium carbonation - small head. Definitely pick up the winey nels sauv hops in the aroma and up front on the palette backed up by a sweet, honey-like maltiness. Very tasty. I enjoyed this a lot, cheers brewbot :icon_cheers:

Hazard's Landlord

Minimal fruity/floral aroma.
Thin but lasting head, good medium carbonation.
Light brown to golden in colour.
Low bitterness, with no off flavours noticable.

Beautifully balanced pushing towards the malt ever so slightly. A really clean well made beer imo, certainly some crackers thus far in the swap.

Just noticed this, Hazard wasn't part of the swap AFAIK so where did this come from? I have had a few bnottles of his Landlord before but i think he is in another state?

Tasted the second last bottle from the case swap last night

Awesome Fury's Amber Fire Ale

Had this before the laksa so i didn't drown out the chilli in your beer but despite that i couldn't detect any chilli at all. For me it was a beer along the lines of JS Amber Ale. A malt dominated ale with little to no hop aroma or flavour. Possibly something earthy in the flavour that may have been hops. Had a slightly sweet-ish flavour and aroma. First thought was amber malt which can stand out a bit in a subtle ale such as this. I did allow this to warm up although these beers were stored in my keg fridge which is set to 6C so they don't start of ice-cold anyway.

So another well made beer and only 1 to go.

So another well made beer and only 1 to go.
... which is mine isn't it? Hmmm... bit worried now that you didn't have mine
earlier - wouldn't want you to finish on a flat note (or worse) ;)

T.

... which is mine isn't it? Hmmm... bit worried now that you didn't have mine
earlier - wouldn't want you to finish on a flat note (or worse) ;)

T.

Yes, last one is yours so this is for the first case swap i have drank ALL of the beers without tipping out one. No pressure at all! :lol:

Given it got the tick of approval at the swap i don't see why you are worried. I don't recall tasting it but then there is a lot i don't recall given some of the photos....... :party:

Just noticed this, Hazard wasn't part of the swap AFAIK so where did this come from? I have had a few bnottles of his Landlord before but i think he is in another state?

Well maybe he gave me a bottle or was it in a black cap = Smurts beer. Pretty sure it was a Hazard bottle though mate, will have to check the empties now! :lol:

My cases appear to have some duplicate beers and some others I think are missing. Not that I am complaining as I have had plenty of good beers with more to come!

That'll learn me for playing cricket and not drinking from midday...

Well maybe he gave me a bottle or was it in a black cap = Smurts beer. Pretty sure it was a Hazard bottle though mate, will have to check the empties now! :lol:

My cases appear to have some duplicate beers and some others I think are missing. Not that I am complaining as I have had plenty of good beers with more to come!

Think I read early on that Dr S had reused others bottles and had been too lazy to remove the labels. :D
Nige

Do you know which are missing? I've still got the full 2nd set & 2 of mine left. I was planning on keeping them to drink at the next swap but can part with some if yr missing some. Tony must've left me 3 of his because I've got 2 left. I'm so stoked that I almost just posted my 1st emoticon on AHB, in the excitement I didn't know which 1 to use so didn't bother.

Think I read early on that Dr S had reused others bottles and had been too lazy to remove the labels. :D
Nige

Lazy = recycling. I am a greenie after all.

So yes, if you have a bottle that has a label on it that doesn't seem to fit with the current swap but has a black bottle top then its probably mine. Might even be a few comp entry labels too :lol:

Hatchy,
Cause i left early i left a couple of drinkers, if Raven has not one of mine could you supply him one?

Regards Tony

Im missing number 6, but im guessing its from drunkin antics on the night! so missing one aint to bad! But I should be in adelaide next week if anyone is interested?

Hatchy,
Cause i left early i left a couple of drinkers, if Raven has not one of mine could you supply him one?

Regards Tony

Well given how tasty it is I'm happy to share 1 with him but would find it pretty tough to give 1 away. Even better, I could photocopy the recipe you left in my letterbox & he can brew it himself. Thanks for dropping that off mate.

Im missing number 6, but im guessing its from drunkin antics on the night! so missing one aint to bad! But I should be in adelaide next week if anyone is interested?

6 was mine, you wouldn't like it. Feel free to drop in for a beer while yr in town, I'm guessing you won't be able to find the place though.

Pretty sure the taxi company knows were adelaide is now so im sorted hahahaha

Hatchy,
No problems, still need to pick up that chair,

Regards Tony

I have a spare of #6, can keep it aside if you like Awesome.

thanks mate but i'm not fussed.. i'll let you guys know when i'm heading there next week, and if your free we'll have a beer at a micro if your interested.

cheers
awesome

thanks mate but i'm not fussed.. i'll let you guys know when i'm heading there next week, and if your free we'll have a beer at a micro if your interested.

cheers
awesome
Mate, this is Adelaide, where will you find one of those? :D
Nige

There is nine by last count 4 in the city although I think coopers is classed as one :)

There is nine by last count 4 in the city although I think coopers is classed as one :)
I'm struggling,
OK BrewBoys close to the city.
Do we class Lobethal as Adelaide? You'll make the taxi driver happy anyway.
Then this from the Holdy, who say there is a micro brewery there
"WHAT’S BREWIN’ IN THE BREWPUB...?

HAPPY HOURS:
~MONDAY - FRIDAY 12-2pm & 5-7PM
~SATURDAY & SUNDAY 12-2pm
$3 Schooners of West End, Tooheys New or Hahn Light.
$3 Glass of Champagne, House Riesling, House Sauv Blanc or choose from the Beeamma range of Padthaway wines"

Best bet is to head to a good beer pub like The Wheaty.
Nige

Latest posts

Back