200lt Nano Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well technically you dont need to sparge on bm

micblair said:
You're going to need a HLT to sparge with the bm, that going to be at least a 40L on the 200L I'm guessin'?
I'm sure crusty still has his 40l urn mate

If you are looking at getting into the brewing business, I can recommend reading Berwing up a Business by Sam Calagione and the Brewers Association's guide on Starting your own brewery. Brewing up a business was good, but I found to Starting Your Own Brewery better as it was more generic. They go into the issues you can have with councils about the waste water and associated treatment.
There is quite a lot involved and you may be able to come up with a view on what exactly you want to do as there is quite a cost to bottling and distribution.
I also suspect that a 500 liter system would be a lot more economical if it becomes successful.

Cheers and best of luck if you decide to go that way.

Roller

doon said:
Well technically you dont need to sparge on bm
If I didn't sparge, I wouldn't end up with enough wort in the fermenters with losses to trub and evaporation after a 90 minute boil.

MastersBrewery said:
I'm sure crusty still has his 40l urn mate
Mate i'm sure he's got a whole manner of equipment I'm not aware of, but if you're going to have to cobble together a whole bunch of extra items to augment a 'single vessel' system, why not just go multi-vessel in the first place? Don't see Newlands, DME or Sint Sebastiaan offering single vessel systems anytime soon either...

Back