• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

200l Stainless Steel Drums

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedford

Reaction score
Hi, If you or anyone is interested I have a small stock of heavy duty 200L stainless drums. I think the wall thickness is in the order of 1.2mm this is unusualy thick for a stainless drum and makes them easy to weld, and an ideal starting point for a slightly larger fabricated set up. They were originaly used for ethanol and came from CSR distileries.

Im looking for $250+ GST each

I can be reached on 0419 363 992 or [email protected] Im in adelaide.

I also have quite a collection of stainless bits and pieces and a couple of Big (probably too big for most setups)sanitory pumps for sale

Hi, I may be interested in one or two. Do they have lids? Can you post the dimensions and a pic if you have one?

Cheers BDB

Hi They are normal 200l oil drum size, At the moment the pallet is a long way off the ground to stop people stealing them so I cant run a tape over them without moving a lot of stuff. I think you are talking 600mm dia and 800 or 900mm high. When I find my camera charger I will chase up some picks, Alternatively where in adelaide are you? My workshop is in hindmarsh.

They are a fully enslosed drum with stainless bungs 1 x 1" BSP and 1 x 2" BSP, but easily modified to other configurations.

Regards
Tim

what price on the sanitory pumps...

Hi,
These pics show both a large centrifugal pump: inlet is 2 bsm and outlet is 2 BSM the impeller is at least 200mm. The rust on the power head is purely superficial and it turns freely, the seals appear to be good. Its on a very heavy stainless frame, depending on the speed you turn it at this pump would need a reasonable amount of power, from the look of the frame and coupling I would guess it would have had 5hp or more on it. Depending on the head you require you could get away with something smaller The other item is a 3 port positive displacement sanitary flow meter of oval gear design. It probably came from a big milk truck or dairy receiving bay.
I also have a 3 port Jabsco positive displacement lobe pump but I have no photos at the moment. Again I think it came from a dairy application.

Price wise looking for $1200 for the centrifugal pump a little less probably $950 without the frame as its very heavy and all stainless.
I had $2000 down for the PD lobe pump and $1800 for the flow meter.
Any offers with be considered.

Depending on what you are trying to do these pumps may be massive overkill, please call me with any questions 0419 363 992

Regards
Tim

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Jeez, I think I saw one of those on a Saturn V rocket motor. :blink:

cheers

Browndog

I finaly got some picks for you,

As previously stated, these are unusualy heavy for a stainless drum and will last forever in a boiler application. some have a few dings but all are sound. Prevoius use was ethanol

Tim

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

god I wish you were in Melbourne! bulk buy adelaidians. buy 1 and cut in in 2 for a kettle and HLT.

Howdy,

Still have any of those drums left? Are the lids crimped on, or are they welded?

Cheers,

Matt

Howdy,

Still have any of those drums left? Are the lids crimped on, or are they welded?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi, Yes I still have some left. Re construction Its a bit hard to say as they have a rolled reinrforcing ring added th the outside of the joint. In general drums use a rolled seam thats sometimes resistance welded, I dont know about these ones but if you were going to cut one open for modification there would be nothing stopping you puting a tig fillet on the inside at the same time.

Regards
Tim

Note over the next few weeks these and a pile of other relevent stuff will be up on the surplus equipment section of my website.
www.blackboxproductions.com.au

The 1/2 finished site can currently be found at http://mail.brandnewcreative.com.au/blackbox2/all3/index.php
but it will be moved at some point in the next few weeks when we have ironed out the few remaining bugs, and further updated the content

When I get time there will also be details information and pictures of the VWO & biodiesel plant I am building for anyone interested.

Sorry about the shameless self promotion!
Tim

So, do you have any contacts that can ship them to Melbourne real cheap? :p

Re Freight,
I use a company here called Doser Freight Forwarding ph 08 8260 5955
This is a quote I got from them this morning, based on you collecting the drum from their depot. Contact is Gary, Note if you ship 4 at a time the price will go down a little as thats then a single palet
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: TO BE COLLECTED FROM EFFECTIVE LOGISTICS, 81 83 STREZLECKI AVENUE, SUNSHINE
DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF DISTILLATE, A VARIABLE FUEL LEVY APPLIES TO
THE ABOVE QUOTATION (ADJUSTED FORTNIGHTLY, CURRENTLY 13.40%)
Tim

We export new Stainless Steel drums 55 gallons open top or close head to
Australia from India
Any body interested in Importing Pls mail us your details .

[email protected]

Have you shipped to Australia before?
What sort of volumes are you expecting to ship?

Scoya, what would be the cost of a 140l drum/pot with shipping to Brisbane?

I sent them an email. They have some interesting "Containers" on their website - I reckon a 1/2 barrel size (122 litres?) would make a good mash tun.

It depends too on the bottom seam style too - I wouldn't want to have to scrub a lower drum seal to get it clean.
They really need a seamless bottom like a pot... bet that effects the price in a big way.

Back