2009 Cryer Malt Perth Royal Beer Show Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendanos

Reaction score
Results from this year's PRBS can be found here:

http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/beershow/

Four of the five amateur trophy's were won by West Coast Brewers! Now we just need to recruit Paul Marcos...

THE T.W.O.C. TROPHY FOR BEST LAGER
Trophy sponsored by T.W.O.C.
Won By: Asher Mitchell
Class: 13E Product: German Pilsner
Class: 14B Product: English Best Bitter
Class: 15D Product: Robust Porter
Class: 16 Product: English Mild
Class: 17E Product: Berliner Weisse

Congrats to all involved, particularly those that scored medals - it's great to see so many familiar names in that list!

Results from this year's PRBS can be found here:

http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/beershow/

Four of the five amateur trophy's were won by West Coast Brewers! Now we just need to recruit Paul Marcos...

THE T.W.O.C. TROPHY FOR BEST LAGER
Trophy sponsored by T.W.O.C.
Won By: Asher Mitchell
Class: 13E Product: German Pilsner
Class: 14B Product: English Best Bitter
Class: 15D Product: Robust Porter
Class: 16 Product: English Mild
Class: 17E Product: Berliner Weisse

Congrats to all involved, particularly those that scored medals - it's great to see so many familiar names in that list!
Yes it was a good effort by all.
Dont forget the other trophies:
Best amateur brewer and Best Amateur Beer of show, won by Gryphon Brewing. :beerbang:
GB

that is quite an effort GB.

Well done.

I am attending the Perth wine show tasting this year, it is a shame they don't run the exhibitors tastings at the same time.

that is quite an effort GB.

Well done.

I am attending the Perth wine show tasting this year, it is a shame they don't run the exhibitors tastings at the same time.
Thanks Kirem .
Having both at the same time, I think that would be just a tad too messy.Mind you there were some beers that had big alcohol numbers.The Cryer malt PRBS just gets better every year, one problem they keep changing the style guidelines, we just never know how our beers will be judged.Adds to the excitement. :unsure:
Got to get the Best Lager trophy back next year from Asher ! :lol:
GB

Thanks Kirem .
Having both at the same time, I think that would be just a tad too messy.Mind you there were some beers that had big alcohol numbers.The Cryer malt PRBS just gets better every year, one problem they keep changing the style guidelines, we just never know how our beers will be judged.Adds to the excitement. :unsure:
Got to get the Best Lager trophy back next year from Asher ! :lol:
GB

Messy but a hell of a lot of fun. For me, company sponsored fun and everyone knows that if someone else pays for the beer, it tastes so much better.

Messy but a hell of a lot of fun. For me, company sponsored fun.
When and where is the show ? I might come along for a bit of falling over fun.They use to call me Mr wobbly boots when I lived up in the Torres Straits islands, we could only buy wine by the dozen/box via wine warehouses.I remember some good times and some I would rather forget.Cant remember their names anyway :lol:
GB

When and where is the show ? I might come along for a bit of falling over fun.They use to call me Mr wobbly boots when I lived up in the Torres Straits islands, we could only buy wine by the dozen/box via wine warehouses.I remember some good times and some I would rather forget.Cant remember their names anyway :lol:
GB

Would you beleive it if I said September 11, really it is at the Silver Jubilee building I normally have company dinners etc I have to go to on the day, but a couple of us are staying on and going to visit a few breweries and wineries. We can work something out a bit closer to the day.

I used to go to Horne Island to maintain an Ionosphere sounder. I used to stay at the resort. I remember on one trip, a few days before I was at Mount Garnet in the Atherton tablelands, trying to waterproof the hut the electronics was in and I got some metal shavings in my knee. Well it didn't take long before it blew up and during the flight between Cairns and Horne Island I was unable to bend it. I went and saw the nurse on the Island and she asked if I had any gland swelling, like a good ex defence force member I said just have a look for your self, you should have seen the look on her face. She was a local and explained to me that she couldn't do that.

It was all innocent and I couldn't care less I just wanted something to stop my knee becoming infected.

Would you beleive it if I said September 11, really it is at the Silver Jubilee building I normally have company dinners etc I have to go to on the day, but a couple of us are staying on and going to visit a few breweries and wineries. We can work something out a bit closer to the day.

I used to go to Horne Island to maintain an Ionosphere sounder. I used to stay at the resort. I remember on one trip, a few days before I was at Mount Garnet in the Atherton tablelands, trying to waterproof the hut the electronics was in and I got some metal shavings in my knee. Well it didn't take long before it blew up and during the flight between Cairns and Horne Island I was unable to bend it. I went and saw the nurse on the Island and she asked if I had any gland swelling, like a good ex defence force member I said just have a look for your self, you should have seen the look on her face. She was a local and explained to me that she couldn't do that.

It was all innocent and I couldn't care less I just wanted something to stop my knee becoming infected.
I was on Thursday Island, did nearly four years there (1991-94) working for QLD health.I had many cases of swelling, none of it relieved by the locals.I happened to live in the nurses quarters, and they took care of that ! Poor me.
I did some home brewing up there, which I think must make me the most northern brewer ever.Just K&K but it was cheaper that the 4X or VB.
GB

Congrats to GB, asher, kook, randyrob, vlad, sinkas and brendanos. Good on ya!

Finished up at 5am this morning with Katie and Lloyd so not a bad show - lol

BTW Katie, I'll give you fifty bucks if you post that pic

Great to finally meet Mercs_Own as well. You better whack that pic up too!

Ah, you gotta love this show...

Did the organisers include the amateur entries in the judging for best overall? or weren't they game!

that would make things interesting

I think they did this in American with a PROAM brew show, mixed feelings about it from the Pros

5am! lucky i couldnt make it! ;) Or I wouldnt have brewed today. Ordinary bitter in the books.

Geeeezusss, 5am!!!

Post all the pics Katie?? hehehe

Good seeing you guys yesterday, hope you all got a showbag??

PHARSYDE

well done Nev,

If you ever need any testers for your next brew put me on the list.....

Thanks again for me tix

Liam

5 am , you bunch of Booze hounds.Come on the pic's ! I was in bed with my Trophies by 11 pm. Lumpy nights sleep but , hey I didnt want PP pinching one for his own. PP I going to call you "Bronze Boy" from now on . :lol: Hope you all had fun.
GB

5 am , you bunch of Booze hounds.Come on the pic's ! I was in bed with my Trophies by 11 pm. Lumpy nights sleep but , hey I didnt want PP pinching one for his own. PP I going to call you "Bronze Boy" from now on . :lol: Hope you all had fun.
GB

LOL!

Are those acrylic trophies food-grade?

Bit surprised at the bronze. Only beer I had and just threw it in to get the drinking tickets :D It was actually a milder version of the Munich Dunkell recipe you gave me (thanks mate!) and was brewed before I found that fermenter ball-valve problem. :)

Wonder how the boys went at the Brass Monkey?

Come on Foles we were up and brewing a double the next day. Took awhile for the first beer to go down.

Well done Nev, Pat, Brendanos , Sinkas and RandyRob for winning awards.

And who ever Greg Lee is NUMBER 225...(silver) what cracker of a beer American IPA. Can someone find that recipe for me?

And I feel so sorry for the girl in the window. Anyone at Clancy's will know what I mean.

Tho Patch I think we had a sad effort as we still have beer in our kegs. Did you find the keys?

Even tho my memory is a little hazy from the show day. I remember some of the commerical beers I liked.

Indian Ocean (not quite sure why I have not heard of this brewery before)
but I loved the pilsner....

And From Mash Brewing there Pale Ale... Have to make the effort and get out the Swan.

Anybody else remember what they like from Friday?

Anybody else remember what they like from Friday?

Neville's bitter
Ashers Pils
Pablo's Barleywine
Up yours to the oversized commercial brewer who drank all of Vlads Triple

commercials:

Old Brewry brown
Old Coast Bitter
Mash stout?

oh I am buggered if I can remeber anymore

dissapointing that most of the Old Garde of brewers from AHB were not in attendance

Latest posts

Back