2007 Update. How Many Litres Of Beer Do You Currently Have?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I / we have

• 0-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-100

• 100-300

• 300-500

• 500-1000

• 1000-5000

• 5000-200000 - I own a Microbrewery

• over 200000 - I have a problem

• Total voters

Eugene

Reaction score
Lets see,

90 Long necks in the fridge (give or take)

60 long necks getting ready for the fridge

another 46 lts in the fermentors almost ready to bottle

Ive only been brewing since November, so Im getting there.

I would like to have 300-400 lts ready to go

Once I "secure" a few CUB 50lt kegs, look out.

3 full kegs and 1 half full at the moment so about 66 litres all up.
I'm putting down a porter and a pale ale this w/end so the stocks will be well and truly up in about 2 weeks.
I've found the best way to get stocks up quickly is to brew ales as they're finshed in 7 days as opposed to the usual 14 days for lagers.

I am starting this to continue on from this thread here.

I currently only have about 70 litres in either bottles , fermenters or jerries. :(

cheers
johnno

Should we really be including 'proto-beer'? If we are including stuff in fermenters, then what about in a boiler, a mash tun, a grain bag or tin? What about the pre-paid 'book' grain in the shop? I've got a couple of kit tins and a couple of kilos of LDME in the cupboard. If I count those, I am much more seriously into the 100-300 range (which I am comfortably in already)... :D

I am starting this to continue on from this thread here.

I currently only have about 70 litres in either bottles , fermenters or jerries. :(
cheers
johnno

Johnno,

Good to see that your back is holding out sufficiently for your stocks to be this good.

A far cry from this time last year :super:

Festa.

Not enough, never enough...

Actually my problem is more that my consumption doesn't match with my desire to brew.

I see things I want to brew pretty much everyday...

But to really answer the questions...

8 or so boxes of cellared/waiting to be consumed, say 90 mixed bottles, say 60l (rounding up)

2 slighltly underfilled fermenters - say 20L once bottled - so 40.

1 very underfilled due to a tap leak when placing in the fridge - say 18L

Giving me 118 or so litres...

So far in 2007:

Summer Ale

Porter

Imperial IPA

Vienna Lager

Ordinary Bitter

96 Litres Total

I recently got a few more kegs... but it is very hard to fill them! I'll be happy when I get up to 100L.

At the moment I have around 20L, two half full kegs.

They must leak because every time I go for a taste they seem to be almost empty!

My stocks are low, i'll need to double my production bout 100litres here

none 0 zero zip :angry: although going to start again next week i never used to secondary ferment as i though this was in the bottle
but now i know 1 week in 1 fermenter then transfer 2 2nd fermenter for week 2 (secondary fermentation)
then bottle want to start with A EXTRA DRY TYPE TOOHEYS

beer_label_1_584X649.jpg

Very depleted. 1.5 kegs (One AG Ale - yummo, one can of cervaza with a big dollop of DMS in it).

No grain, waiting on an order from Gerard, so I can get some in the mash tun and make a Cherry Blonde!

Cheers - Mike

Johnno,
Good to see that your back is holding out sufficiently for your stocks to be this good.

A far cry from this time last year :super:

Festa.

hey Uncle Fester,
Yes my back is much better thanks. Still have to take it easy as I am not 100% yet.

I have a helper who does all the lifting and gets paid in beer ;) .

cheers
johnno

about 200 liters :)

cheers

Stocks ran very low over Christmas. 6 Stubbies left :blink: . I may have to *shudder* buy beer soon...

25l went into the secondary yesterday though... and another batch will be brewed this weekend.

Cheers
Dave

I think I have just over the 50l mark. I have 3 x 20l brews bottled in various states of consumption, and probably about another 5-10l of various aged brews from 3-12 months. I have just moved and won't be able to brew for a few weeks at least so I'm going to be buying more beer than usual over the next month or 2.

Andrei

I'm at just over 50l and one in the chamber that went down yesterday.

And I have one party and the SE QLD Brewerhood 'do' still to go... :blink:

A bit over 60L. 3 batches bottles, more or less ready for consumption. One batch still in the fermenter, halfway through fermenting.

Back