<$20 Six Pack Dan Murphys - Recommendations?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 The Zwiek Porter. Very under-rated beer IMHO.
Haven't seen it in local Dan's for a while but always on the lookout.
The ABV is a bit of a killer ~ 10% from memory (as my wife pointed out the next morning).
harry

+1 The Zwiek Porter. Very under-rated beer IMHO.
Haven't seen it in local Dan's for a while but always on the lookout.
The ABV is a bit of a killer ~ 10% from memory (as my wife pointed out the next morning).
harry

Let's just say that it's one six pack that you don't need to add a 7th to. As far as dark beers go, it's up there on my list of the more adventurous and interesting ones. It has a permanent presence in my hall of fame (a line of beers ontop of the kitchen cupboards) :D

My local Dans had Sinha Stout for a while (haven't checked for it recently) at $20/sixer. You won't get a better stout for that price, and unless your liver is built like steel you probably won't finish the six pack in one night. I call that value!

Oh. Not to be confused with SINGHA - Sinha is a Sri Lankan brand.. aka Lion I think, but I've not seen the Lion branding locally.

Here's a retail story:

The 8.0 per cent abv, bottle conditioned beer is brewed from British, Czech and Danish malts with Syrian hops and an English yeast strain. All the ingredients are transported along precarious roads to the brewery located 3,500 feet above sea level.

We think we do it hard to brew a pint.

I'm going to get Hofbrau (and a couple of impulsive single craft beers) at my next visit. I can't believe it's $10.90 a six pack. Leaves cash left over for some Bratwurst and a German folk music CD.

I'm going to get Hofbrau (and a couple of impulsive single craft beers) at my next visit. I can't believe it's $10.90 a six pack. Leaves cash left over for some Bratwurst and a German folk music CD.

If you need some decent ones, grab some from Aldi, they're $3.99 for a pack of 4 and absolutely delicious. German recipe, made in Australia.

If you need some decent ones, grab some from Aldi, they're $3.99 for a pack of 4 and absolutely delicious. German recipe, made in Australia.

Damm you Florian, now I'm hungry - some fresh bread, Bratwurst, and good mustard :icon_drool2:
(not forgetting the beer) - sounds like lunch tomorrow!

Still waiting for beer to come to Aldi NSW... I'm keen to give it anything a try for that price, especially if it's a german recipe.
(in an alternate universe, Aldi would be belgian)

Still waiting for beer to come to Aldi NSW... I'm keen to give it anything a try for that price, especially if it's a german recipe.
(in an alternate universe, Aldi would be belgian)
No beer in Aldi QLD either (not while that loonie Bligh is in charge, anyway).
I believe Florian was talking a bit :icon_offtopic: about snags..
Leaves cash left over for some Bratwurst and a German folk music CD.

What could be off-topic about sausages? :ph34r:

Nuthin.
A quick trip to Aldi and its Mango hefe and Brats for lunch :icon_cheers:

Back to the topic in hand, +1 on the Sinha Stout, damm good stuff (not so keen on the lager).

Back