Quantcast

<$20 Six Pack Dan Murphys - Recommendations?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

iralosavic

Reaction score
Opportunity presents; I'm detouring via Dan's and have been given permission to spend up to $20.

The hot-cold weather has put me in the mood for something somewhere between a lager and an ale with a mild hop presence. Not really in the mood for something dominantly citrusy or overtly bitter, for example.

I'm not THAT concerned with trying something I haven't had before, but it would be a bonus.

Suggestions?

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
a few pints of LCBA
LC Rogers

Henno

Beermologist
Reaction score
I've been wondering about the 4 pines Kolsch. Sounds like it has the thumbs up then? I'll give it a whack next time I'm in the big smoke.

iralosavic

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen. I'd happily go a couple of the kolsch, but not feeling them enough to blow the whole $20 on them. And I've had them quite a lot this summer!

I haven't tried their pale ale yet though... hmm

Paulielow

Reaction score
See if you can acquire an extra $8 and get a carton of ottinger....:D

DUANNE

no chiller and botulism free since 2010
Reaction score
take the twenty bucks and spend it at a good bottleshop that cares about beer quality.

Rina

Reaction score
Get 2 six-packs of Hofbrau

Paulielow

Reaction score
take the twenty bucks and spend it at a good bottleshop that cares about beer quality.
Speaking of which, What's a decent bottle shop that carries specialty beers?

Rina

Reaction score
Yeah get that instead.

iralosavic

Reaction score
I live in the sticks. It's either dans or Safeway liquor... The guys at my local dans are pretty good too. Ended up getting dab, which is a dortmunder - allbeit a mass-produced one. Its been On my to try list for a while. I brought the balance up with a mountain goat amber ale. I did pass up a few other temptations, some mentioned above, in order to get the 7th beer haha i was a bit disappointed to see a variety of stouts stored in the fridge. I'll bring that up next time perhaps. I hope the dab isn't too disapppunting. Cheers guys

iralosavic

Reaction score
And I'm a urquel and Budvar fan from way back! Spent this Xmas enjoying a case of the old bud. It's good stuff

Wimmig

Reaction score
Pilsner Urquell for sure!
Pilsner yum. Always good. Was there when the new bottle line which serves Australia was opened.

Tastes even better from this;

Hoppy Heffe should be around next week too. Something new. Though, the problem i have with DM's lately is the range is a bit static, i stop looking as soon as i find something new and just buy it.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Might be better than some of the beer.

I mean $20 worth of wine rather than $20 worth of beer obviously but you could always pour it into 6 glasses. Or drink it with your gym cut stomach.

Or.......Ok I'll stop.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
Ended up getting dab, which is a dortmunder - allbeit a mass-produced one.
Funny, I was going to suggest that when your thread came up first but was too lazy to post. Turns out i didn't have to anyway. :icon_cheers:

I reckon it's a really good quaffer when handled well. Saying that, I've returned it a few times at Dan's, but when it's good it's great.

Latest posts