2 Pack Timber Finishes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Does anyone know of someone who will do 2 pack paint jobs on timber in Melbourne? I'm building an outdoor kithen and figured that for the cabinet doors, plywood with a 2 pack paint finish would probably work best (unless, of course, anyone has some stainless doors to spare :) )

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Not Melbourne in particular, but you could try a marine outfitters/boatyard. I worked in a boat painting outfit in Auckland and that sort of stuff is always floating round.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

microbe

Just go to a paint shop and buy a good marine grade clear....you wont need 2-pac

Just go to a paint shop and buy a good marine grade clear....you wont need 2-pac

True dat. The normal 2 pac you buy in Bunnings is not UV stable. of course I only learned that AFTER painting th eoutdoor table with it. Within 3 months it was cracking and peeling. i had to sand it all off and re-do it with marine clear. You can get UV stable 2 pacs but the one you see everywhere (watyl?) isn't.

Cheers
Dave

Actually 2 Pac does the job very well
I used to sell 2 Pac automotive paint. Sikkens infact.
The problem with it is that it turns out too glossy. You will need to optain a Matt Clear and mix it 2:4 with a standard clear and the result is brilliant!!! I have seen 4 year old kitchens painted in the stuff and there is no chipping or peeling. If you can afford HS Clear and use it 1:1 with the hardner (along with the matt clear) you make a ceramic clear which is very strong and to sand it on a car you need diamond coated sand paper or spend a long time and many sheets with standard sand paper!

Back