1kg Por Flowers From Ellerslie Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juzz1981

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have used PoR pellets and flowers in a CPA clone and was going to purchase 1KG of PoR which is vacuum packed but wanted to know what other peoples opinions for the flowers are??

I was going to repack the flowers into 250g lots and use one bag at a time but didnt know if only using 30g at a time will make the hops lose AA quickly..

Should I just use Pellets??

Not sure what other peoples opinions of PoR pellets are??

Hi All,

I have used PoR pellets and flowers in a CPA clone and was going to purchase 1KG of PoR which is vacuum packed but wanted to know what other peoples opinions for the flowers are??

I was going to repack the flowers into 250g lots and use one bag at a time but didnt know if only using 30g at a time will make the hops lose AA quickly..

I'm a big fan of pride of ringwood, and i have only used it in pellets. It would be much better if used as flowers though. Not sure about the AA stability by opening the bag regularly.

I am currently doing a series of beers that are a basic aussie lager 22g POR @ 10% AA @ 60mins, and adding a late flavour aroma addition of different varieties. I'm churning out some nice beers at the moment with good ol POR.

Hi All,

I go 120/150g bags for most my hops

QldKev

IMO flowers are way better than pellets. NOt only do they have a better flavour (and i'm not sure why this is) but they hold the break together a lot better than pellets.

The best coopers clone i made was a few batches ago and it was made from 2006 ellerslie POR flower hops.Nothing else in my recipe changed besides this and it was waaay better than any other cpa clone i've done before. So don't worry about not using them in time, i'm sure they'll be fine.

If you like POR i reckon you should get some. In fact i put in an order with ellerslie with their 15% off sale and got some 500g POR pellets, then a week later i got a kilo of the POR flowers when they came on sale

Back