150 Litre Chest Freezer $249 Brand New

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 150l Tuckerbox. I can fit 2 cornelius kegs inside but for the effort, its just not worth it. I want a tuckerbox that'll fit atleast 6 kegs.

Hi Knifepoint/Transparent Proxy

this is the fridge I bought a bit before Christmas except I paid $200 for it brand new. I made a 20cm collar, put in a PC fan and fit 4 kegs in it. It works well for me.

I was nearly going to buy the 200L one that would fit 6 kegs with a collar for an extra $100, but i didn't want to upset the Mrs and 4 kegs was enough for me.

Looking at the Kmart catalogue yesterday they have their 200L homebrand fridge on sale for $299. if the dimensions are right you should able to fit 4 kegs withouth a collar or 6kegs with a collar.

Could be worth a look into if you dont want to spend $500-600 on a better known brand.

Thirsty

Spend the extra $$ and buy atleast a 200L. The centrex models are well priced and great freezers.

Something a little bigger than you think you might need is always useful; I echo the call for a minimum 200L.

I went for a chest freezer based on 6 keg serving capacity plus room to keep one of the little trays, which I use to hold a spray bottle of iodophor, a clean rag and a couple of pint glasses (nice and cool!).

If you're into brewing lagers, could always justify a bigger chest freezer in terms of having additional room to lager your secondaries. Cheaper to do this than buy a fridge just for this purpose.

Back