1469 Here For Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj1984

Reaction score
I was just looking on WY website and it looks like the 1469 west yorkshire yeast is on the yeast you can buy page....

Lets all hope so, i never got a chance too use it.

That page makes reference to it being part of the personal collection (PC) with last release date of Q4 2008 (4Q08).

I have seen others mention that Proculture offer this strain, however a quick search of their website doesn't reveal which yeast it is (perhaps its not listed?).

That page makes reference to it being part of the personal collection (PC) with last release date of Q4 2008 (4Q08).

I have seen others mention that Proculture offer this strain, however a quick search of their website doesn't reveal which yeast it is (perhaps its not listed?).
Yes, it isn't available regularly AFAIK. We probably would've heard...

Proculture Wood Ale is as good as a knockoff, at least so I've been informed. Gryphon would be one place to get it.

A number of us have it on slants still.

DJ - PM me if you want one mate.

Cheers!

Nev, I will probably be needing some belgian yeast at some stage in the new year so might give one of the Proculture ones a go. The other two vials I got from you were great.

BTW Rukh, I have used the Proculture Wood Ale and its farken good...

Where else can you get it ??

Screwy
I have no idea Screwy, direct perhaps? Gryphon (no affiliation etc.) is just one place I happen to be aware of and unless Nev has an exclusive distribution deal there may be others, but I myself have no need to search- I've got some 1469 on slants.

:icon_cheers:

I think there was another HBS in WA selling them but not sure of details.

I'd go Gryphon for the proculture wood...best customer service ever with updates on how the order is progressing. Love it. Dleivery is quick too.

Love the Proculture stuff as well...I've got a list of them I want to get...

And he goes to heaps of trouble to keep them cold in transit, which is a big plus.

I've bought Proculture through both Nev and TWOC and believe that there are a few others around town (perth) also. Supplies have been a bit thin on the ground of late due to one of the main chaps travelling a lot teaching/seminaring etc. not having much time to prepare cultures. I really hope they can make the company work - having a local, reliable and high quality producer of fresh yeast is a great thing!!

Where else can you get it ??

Screwy

If you want some Screwy and Gryphon doesn't have any let me know, I will be culturing some up from a vial to pitch into a mild so I can send you down a sample if you'd like.
PM your addy if you want some.

Cheers
Andrew

If you want some Screwy and Gryphon doesn't have any let me know, I will be culturing some up from a vial to pitch into a mild so I can send you down a sample if you'd like.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have never used that yeast but it soulds like a nice strain for English ales; can I drop a couple of test tubes over to grab some? Would love to try a JSGA, help keep it malty but dry it out a bit.

Kev

Kev, I brewed an APA with it and it was great, just adds a touch more complexity to the flavour. I much prefer an english strain in pale ales than a boring old american strain.

Hi Andrew,

I have never used that yeast but it soulds like a nice strain for English ales; can I drop a couple of test tubes over to grab some? Would love to try a JSGA, help keep it malty but dry it out a bit.

Kev

Sure, won't be ready until early next week, I've got a spare vial I can use.
I'll let you know when it's ready.

Andrew

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for the offer Andrew, will see if someone (supplier) has some as I'd like to start splits. If no joy I will PM you.

Thanks again and Cheers,

Screwy

Yes, it isn't available regularly AFAIK. We probably would've heard...

Proculture Wood Ale is as good as a knockoff, at least so I've been informed. Gryphon would be one place to get it.

The Wood Ale is classic 1469 in my experience, even down to that little rocky popcorn head that just sits there for days when fermentation has finished. I hope Neville gets it back in, I've used it 3 times and it makes a cracking TTL. Still have one vial in the fridge waiting for the February BABBs Bitter mini comp B) B) .

It arrived cool and in 2 working days.

The Wood Ale is classic 1469 in my experience, even down to that little rocky popcorn head that just sits there for days when fermentation has finished. I hope Neville gets it back in, I've used it 3 times and it makes a cracking TTL.
It arrived cool and in 2 working days.
BribieG we are very keen to have this yeast in stock again. Wood Ale is exclusive to Gryphon Brewing and cultured up for us on request.Very soon to re-appear on our site.
Good to hear it floats your boat, just like my self. ;)
GB

Back