14 Degrees!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I turned my fridge up when I started to do comparisons

TTL made me turn my kegerator to a warmer setting.
I reckon I run my fridge around the 8-10oC mark, it is a beer fridge - food has it's own fridge.
I would say that APA's are good at 8oC and can be served cooler but definately would want a nice English drop (eg TTL) to warm up from 8oC a tad in the glass (11-14oC for instance).

I love drinking beer between 7-10 degrees. I have my fridge set at 5 degrees so that I have the option of having a very cold beer to quench my thirst if I desire, or to let it warm for a few minutes.

I'd bet that I almost never finish a beer (usually a pint) so quickly that it doesn't rise to well above 10 degrees before I'm done. I also enjoy the way the flavours open up as it gets warmer, changing from a more closed, cold beverage to something more complex and rich as it warms.

Have my keg fridge set to 2 C as the frezzer stops working above that. Poured a litre jug of saison and started reading this thread, on second glass and fetched my wine thermometer ( does that make me a wanker?) and its reading 8 C. Tastes pretty good at this temp. In winter i run the fridge at 4C to keep the frezzer working reckon beer would warm up pretty quick in even winter time to a good temp. On a 30 degree day a jug is going to warm up and pretty ordinary in the time i take to drink it.

Latest posts

Back