Coopers Sparkling Ale - brewing temp 14 degrees, is that a problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Coopers Sparkling Ale, 300 G dex. 500 G LDM, 1.1 Litre Light Coopers Malt Extract, kit yeast.

Just put this on and temp has dropped - only at 14 degrees. Is that a real problem,( I have had to keep the room door open because of some flooding otherwise normally pretty static and controlled) .... It says the yeast can work to 13....but seems slow and it does not recommend between 21 - 27...although I dont find the info on the coopers kits very useful at all...I would prefer the issue to be low temp. than high temp. :)

Thanks

Hi Trusty ,
Try and keep it at around 18 if possible.
Maybe wrap a blanket around it till it raises.

A fridge with temp controller is your best friend ,

Cheers Stu

Put a jumper over it or a couple of t shirts then invert a large garbage bag over the lot. This will keep it nice and snug and keeps warm air in.
Cheers

Thanks Grott, that is a great idea.....I actually have an old jumper from an ex...hand knitted woolen and it is ....king warm

.... ironic...we shared a unit years ago and I just bought a home brew kit to get started...some *^&&* stole the parts except for the keg...I never got around to trying again for years....anyhow....the jumper from the ex will turn out useful...I should send a pic to her LOL :) She was useful in the end HA HA ... I have wrapped a towel around and the jumper.... starting to bubble nicely....cheers

Back