007: The Golden Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
from what I can see online, SN did a brew with it which was well received, I found this amusing review

"Aroma and flavour are upfront tangerine and apricot, followed by an earthy black tea and subtle cannabis character. In intensity, I'd put it slightly above Centennial as a reference. I wanted the same character I got from the SN beer and I got something in the ballpark anyway." fro convenience HERE is the beer in Beer Advocate

from AHA

with this description coming up a lot

"Complex fruity aromas of orange and apricot mesh with hints of black tea-like character and a pleasant fresh herbal bouquet."

That's about all I could be arsed turning up really.. sounds interesting.. and Yes, we absolutely need more IPA hops..

Yob said:
.. and Yes, we absolutely need more IPA hops..
I'm never going to live long enough to try all of them now, so maybe the young bucks and does on here might need them, but not me.....

move over Simcoe..

The stench of this stuff is divine... I cant wait to give this a crack as a single hop brew.. I think, despite the poxy name, its got some real potential if the aroma's transfer into the beer from what Ive smelled

:icon_drool2:

do any suppliers have these new hops yet? be keen to try some of them out.

Got mine today.
Will brew when some caraaroma arrives next week.
Cheers Yob!

Mine are sitting on the kitchen bench and i will brew tomorrow but I was going to have a sneaky peak tonight. Indica86 you are a stronger man than me. I thought first an oily darkness but i looked up dank, not really applicable to hops i think. Definitely a strong herbal aroma I have smelled before but I don't know where? I didn't get the fruit too much up front but definitely got the black tea. Still not sure on the other herbal aroma.

Just bottled a golden ale with this and am making an IPA with this, Brooklyn, Sticklebract and a touch of Chinook.

Sounds like a tasty new hop. Might have to order some from you Yob.

Latest posts

Back