You Can't Keep A Violent Drunk Down

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
******* idoit like that make my blood boil there is not many places left you can have a good night with out some pissed idiot ******* it right up

there is nothing to admire about this dickhead.

The only joke is the ridiculous sentence - or lack of it.

As a parent i have experienced this first hand. My son was king hit from behind and also had his head kicked while he was unconscious.

He is lucky to be alive. Had 6 brain surgeries. Had aft of his frontal lobe removed. Idiots like this one cause a lifetime of pan for so many.

Check the pick of my boy at www.voicesagainstviolence.org.au.

Almost as stupid as the guy in this article is comments celebrating his stupidity like gotta admire his persistence.

******* idoit like that make my blood boil there is not many places left you can have a good night with out some pissed idiot ******* it right up

Tell me about it. I've always taken 'violence in pubs' stories with a pinch of salt, because throughout many years of drinking i've only ever been involved in one (albeit massive and gruesome) serious incident.

So, the Valley in Brissy has a bad rep. and i thought it was hype having been there a bit.

Then having not been there for 3 years, I went back and at 3am was covered in some poor blokes blood after someone repeatedly smashed a glass on his head!

... either i'm getting too old to go out or Ice is waaaaay too strong.

yep that ice shit is bad my mate a bouncer and a big bastered at that to and I have seen him try to take little guys down that are on that shit and thay just get straght back up

there is nothing to admire about this dickhead.

The only joke is the ridiculous sentence - or lack of it.

As a parent i have experienced this first hand. My son was king hit from behind and also had his head kicked while he was unconscious.

He is lucky to be alive. Had 6 brain surgeries. Had aft of his frontal lobe removed. Idiots like this one cause a lifetime of pan for so many.

Check the pick of my boy at www.voicesagainstviolence.org.au.

Almost as stupid as the guy in this article is comments celebrating his stupidity like gotta admire his persistence.

that's horrible, sorry to hear about that

What is it with all the glassings as well? Seems its not a good night for some unless you end up in a fight or glass someone. From OP seems you can do this and get off with a suspended sentence.

People like that need to locked up forever, fuckin shithouse!

I lived in the US for ten years, went out almost every Thu, Fri & Sat and got loaded every night. Never once saw a bit of violence in a pub/bar/night club nor outside one. Course, they are probably too scared that the next bloke is packing heat, but.....

What the fark is wrong with the Aussie night/drinking culture? Why can we not just go out and have a good night?

I lived in the US for ten years, went out almost every Thu, Fri & Sat and got loaded every night. Never once saw a bit of violence in a pub/bar/night club nor outside one. Course, they are probably too scared that the next bloke is packing heat, but.....

What the fark is wrong with the Aussie night/drinking culture? Why can we not just go out and have a good night?

Probably answered your own question there fraser.

Its also a shame that some of the thugs are on the doors as "security"

We need more Judges who are prepared to accept that these violent people have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Locking them up for assault and then letting them slip right back into their old habits is just ******* negligent.

They need help to get to the bottom of what they are punching, and glassing, and kicking for.

They got some shit to deal with, and unless someone helps them deal with it, or they kill someone and get a sentence long enough to be old men when they are parolled ... I hold the Judges responsible for not addressing their issues.

Some people are still trying to punch "Dad" back.

The USA has twice as many police per head of population as we do, and sentences are quite severe for even small misdemeanours. They have a zero tolerance / three strikes and you are out policy. I was watching a US "cops" real life on-the-street program. A guy had thrown a beer can at a car. Two police cars turned up, pinned him down and handcuffed him, and the cop was saying "you don't throw cans at cars and that is why you are going to jail". Something didn't gel - jail for throwing a can? Then I checked up and out of the 8 million people in the world who are in jail, fully a quarter are incarcerated in USA jails. I reckon a few years of that policy in Australia would get the trash off the streets. It would also help if the police did police work and not just revenue raising for broke imcompetent state governments like Anna B-lie etc.

Edit: figures speak:

crime2.png

crime.gif

My impression is that Australia is not a very violent place, but then again I would usually only go to a normal pub, not a night club.

I'm an immigrant to Australia, been here almost 6 years now.
First time I went back to "the old country" on holidays I had been in Australia 1.5 years.
In that time I had seen two fights, after backpacking/partying from Melbourne to Cairns up the eastern side of Australia plus some trips further in. Lived in Kings Cross in Sydney for months before getting a real job. These two fights were one on the street in Manly and one in Kings Cross.

Then going back to Norway, I saw 2 fights that Saturday. One on the bus (!) and one outside a pub.
I'm from a small village, not exactly what you would compare to Sydney :lol:

My impression of Australian nightlife and general "pub culture" is that there is a total lack of aggression as long as you stay away from the dedicated hot spots like Kings Cross, Oxford Street and probably downtown Sydney after 2 am on a weekend.
Whenever going to a "aussie pub" in a suburb or outside of Sydney it is alway nice and friendly, people chat to you and generally are very friendly.

To me it seems there are some spots like those mentioned above that are more "european" as in drunk agressive people stand outside giving each other the evil eye until someone looks back, and then there is everywhere else where Australians don't seem to need to be agressive while drinking.

Same thing with sports. Go to a football match in England and there's police everywhere, don't look at the fans even for the team you are there to watch, they'll still knife you.
In Australia you can go to AFL or a cricket game and the fans from the different teams sit together, there's some friendly banter but that's it.

That's actually one of the things I mention "back home" as different about Australians, the fans sit together and no one minds. That has raised a few eyebrows in disbelief..

Not saying there's not violence and incidents in Australia, there sure are. I do read the paper.
Just saying that as a society it seems a lot safer here, going to the pub seems to have a MUCH less chance of anything happening than in say Northern Europe.

Or stay at home with the wife and have a home brew!
Better company and beer :)

thanks
Bjorn

it's not just us, i lived in the UK for 6 years, saw a bloody fight most nights i went out, hanging around with skinheads and gyppos probably didn't help much though.

cheers

The scary thing is that I see this this sort of "they hit the ground, the boots go in" attitude occurring in 7, 8 and 9 year old kids. Primary Teacher and it scares me shitless to think of what may become of some them. Overexposure to adult content??? who knows, there has been a cultural shift somewhere along the line...
Cheers, John.

The USA has twice as many police per head of population as we do, and sentences are quite severe for even small misdemeanours.

They introduced a private (for profit) jail system, that's why you see that first graph. They also have over 3% of the population in jail or on parole.

You are 10 times more likely to be murdered in America than here. They could put 10% of their population in jail and it wouldn't make a difference. America has issues because so many of them are very poor.

I'm there again in a few weeks. I like the place, but it's not here, that's for sure. Here is one of the best places in the world hands down.

Back