Yob Performs Unnatural Acts in a tight Red Suit!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to convert my video for upload to Youtube:

This one comes with a language warning......:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you did a couple of tandem jumps before a solo? Or did he do those previously.

Regardless, biggups on something I have absolutely no desire to achieve during my lifetime. Quite happy with keeping pressurised glass between myself and 10k feet elevation.

Nah, he went straight to terminal velocity with his own parachute & two instructors hanging onto him.

There's the fun bit you see - nothing between you & the ground to hang onto or stop your fall but some thin material & a few bits of string. Requires a leap of faith (literally!).

MartinOC said:
Managed to convert my video for upload to Youtube:

This one comes with a language warning......:

Nice zoom on that camera!.. I thought I swore a lot more.. must have been under canopy... from snap to ground pretty much... :beerbang:

WarmerBeer said:
I thought you did a couple of tandem jumps before a solo? Or did he do those previously.
Depends on the course/training you do.. most people do go a tandem first, I didnt, I wanted full responsibility and control.. Real glad I went that way and with that club, great bunch of guys and the training was next level..

absolutely gob smacking experience... March next year Im going to do the jump again and just might remember to breathe and do my counts etc... maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Yob.

Take a closer look at the first clip. At about 44 sec's, you'll notice that you completely stopped forward drive & dropped straight down for about 5 sec's.

If that'd happened closer to the ground, it's potential limb-crunching stuff. That's why they teach you to keep your legs together just in case...

MartinOC said:
Take a closer look at the first clip. At about 44 sec's, you'll notice that you completely stopped forward drive & dropped straight down for about 5 sec's.

If that'd happened closer to the ground, it's potential limb-crunching stuff. That's why they teach you to keep your legs together just in case...
I dont remember freaking out at that point, certainly felt like a reasonably gentle decent, particularly with what happens above it at more violent and rapid intensity :lol:

feckin wind... certainly hope the jump in March will be... calmer... :drinks:

Have you thought about packaging some hops or restarting some yeast on the way down this time? Just to tie it all together :)

Nullnvoid said:
Have you thought about packaging some hops or restarting some yeast on the way down this time? Just to tie it all together :)
There's no electricity in freefall you silly, silly person!... :rolleyes:

Mardoo said:
I reckon a battery-powered stirplate is possible.
'Tis true, but have you ever chucked your adrenaline-charged body out of an aircraft? Zero-Gravity situations have a nasty habit of *******-up things that happen fine in otherwise "normal" situations. Besides, I can't honestly see Yob concentrating on getting the stir-plate RPM "just right" when he's watching the ground get closer at 200K's.

DU99 said:
Wind powered...
See above!

Latest posts

Back