Yeast Starter Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
I plan to make yeast staters for my HB but I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get 50ml test tubes with caps or a 50-100ml canister of some sort with a cap. Just something small (plastic or glass) that isnt too expensive and can be stored in a fridge without taking up unecessary space?

You can get sample vials from the chemist, around $1 a pop. I have been using them and so far they seem to be working well. (Pretty sure there were a few recommendations for that here.) :unsure:

When I get my act together I am going to order some sample jars with stoppers from www.livingstone.com.au

Edited for strange link properties. Thanks for pointing that out fingerlicking b, although didn't do that when I clicked on it. Strange, very strange.

Thanks mate that site is exactly what im looking for

What about this?

70ML, sterile with cap and label only $0.38 each. They are actually urine containers but I dont care as long as it works.

TS5744ULUVL.jpg

Umm...not that it makes much sense, but when I hit the link I was all of a sudden logged into Livingstone's as "finite" <_<

I'd strongly suggest someone fixes that link! :eek:

PZ.

What the?
When I clicked that link ages ago, and just now, both times I've ended up at the Livingstone's lab main page.
I wonder if you and Finite are with the same ISP, and the Livingstone's website thinks your the same person?

Simon W said:
What the?
When I clicked that link ages ago, and just now, both times I've ended up at the Livingstone's lab main page.
I wonder if you and Finite are with the same ISP, and the Livingstone's website thinks your the same person?
[post="105538"][/post]​

You want to hear some Twilight Zone sh*t Simon?

It also seems that Finite and I have the same first name! :party:
(no other details matched though)

PZ.

jinkies2.JPG

Well, I just hit the link (in my browser history) and it took me in as this guy... :unsure:

I'm not sure if I'd be trusting their "military strength" encryption :blink:

PZ.

Disclaimer - I am no hacker, I didn't do this on purpose, it's just happening and I don't know why :(

It seems as though the site is showing the details of the last person that registerec as Manaen is a member here.

That is some weird stuff :)

That is very wierd.
The above(now gone) Link took me to the main page for the lab section.
BUT, if I clicked on the link for 'Your Profile' I get details, this time it was Stuster's details.(Don't worry mate, I've entered a 'ghost' registration, yours is no longer there.)
ACCC may be a little heavy at this stage.
I've sent an email to the webmaster at Livingstone detailing the problem, and a link to this thread.

Simo

EDIT: I could have sworn someones post mentioned the ACCC !!
Must have been deleted.

HAHA what the? That is totaly strange. Anyone even remotley techy have any idea what the hell is with that?

Well there isnt anything too personal on that page. Unless someone wants to send me some beer or buy me some test tubes :)

P.S: Yeh nice first name fingerlicking! Do you also go for the Raiders? I do :)

I also sent off a complaint Simon. Hope we hear something from that. Pisspoor site. :angry:

Somebody did mention the ACCC. Where is that post??? :blink:

Finite,

The urine sample jars are perfect yeast storage containers IMHO. They are sterile and take up little room in the fridge which keeps SWMBO very happy. Faecal sample jars are also very good storage jars although it twists your melon every time you make a starter and they are not see through which makes monitoring possible infections difficult.
Cheers

I just reuse the young fellas pop top bottles(after cleaning and sanatising of course) with new lids. Take up very litle room and no complaints from SWDWST(she who does what shes told)

:beer:
Richard

Finite said:
HAHA what the? That is totaly strange. Anyone even remotley techy have any idea what the hell is with that?
[post="105570"][/post]​

If you're both with the same ISP, it might be running a transparent proxy server which may be serving pages to you that it doesn't realise should be for the logged in user. ie, it caches the page contents regardless of who requests them. I hate transparent proxies.

I thought it might have been something like that, but I can see the details too now, and I'm not on the same ISP as either of them.

Stuster,

I don't think it's really their fault. The link you posted included a session ID (the code in brackets in the URL) which would be linked to your login. Session IDs normally timeout after a while but if Finite clicked the link before the timeout he was effectively logged in as you. On top of that, everyone else who clicked the link would have kept it "live" for the the next person to click it and so on until we finally all went to bed.

I hadn't logged in though apd. I agree that this is what has happened, but I shouldn't have been logged in at all. :eek:

And in any secure system, a different user shouldn't be able to just click on a link and be logged in as me.

Anyway, no really important data was involved, but I'm not sure I would order something from them until I can see their security is a bit better. Unfortunately, they will only take phone orders from businesses with an ABN, so I can only buy from them on the net. :unsure:

Stuster,

Maybe you should ask for payment for beta testing their system?

apd

Back