Yay!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunderthebed

Reaction score
I'm left-handed which makes opening the cans for homebrew a pain in the arse, so i fired off an e-mail to coopers about introducing ring-pulls and here's the response i got.

Gday Adam,

We are trialling ring-pull lids and hope to make the change some time in the next year or so. In the mean-time you can purchase can openers that cut in from the side and I believe they can be used either right or left handed.

Cheers,

Frank Akers

Home Brew Advisor

Coopers Brewery

Adelaide, SA

No more bloody fudging around with can openers vile contraptions they are. :angry:

Or having that goo go everywhere except into the fermentor.

So k&k brewers can look forward to being known as ring-pullers?

C'mon Red, HTFU!

Surely as a fellow lefty you'd be ambidextrous?

Saying goodbye to the can opener would be like the introduction of screw top wine bottles - what would we do with all the cool corkscrews we own?
There's just no fun when we don't get to use cool contraptions to open stuff.
Brings a tear to my eye. :beerbang:

Here y\'go, fellow lefty

http://www.leftorium.com/

They will sell you a left handed can opener. Couldn\'t find their range of left handed screwdrivers, though

Yes, it\'s a real one, no association with Ned Flanders...

Edit: Better linky

:lol: Gotta love the simpsons references apparently those magican openers are good for cacky-handers. :)

There will be a day when those contraptions will be unnecessary and us lefties will be free! free i tell ya!

So k&k brewers can look forward to being known as ring-pullers?

We got to even up the balance and come up with a derogatory name for all-grainers et al.
C\'mon Red, HTFU!

Surely as a fellow lefty you\'d be ambidextrous?

Saying goodbye to the can opener would be like the introduction of screw top wine bottles - what would we do with all the cool corkscrews we own?
There\'s just no fun when we don\'t get to use cool contraptions to open stuff.
Brings a tear to my eye.

Nah i'm totally not my right is their for looks almost i do everything with my left hand. :ph34r:

Corkscrews are cool and bottle openers too both can be used by left and right hands.

Here y'go, fellow lefty

http://www.leftorium.com/

They will sell you a left handed can opener. Couldn't find their range of left handed screwdrivers, though ;)

Yes, it's a real one, no association with Ned Flanders...

Edit: Better linky

leftorium.com said:
Ned Flanders may have failed with his left handed shop called "The Leftorium" in The Simpsons but Anything Left-Handed certainly didn't!

He didn't fail! Homer helped save the leftorium, and it went on to be reasonably successful.

Currently I sterilise my can opener. Will I now have to sterilise my finger?

I would have thought afterwards would be more important?

C'mon Red, HTFU!

There's just no fun when we don't get to use cool contraptions to open stuff.
Brings a tear to my eye. :beerbang:

Gotta say as another 'sinister' one i'm with you on this ... can openers are easy.

C'mon Red, HTFU!

Being ambidextrous would surely mean that you are not a lefty and being a lefty would mean that you are not really ambidextrous.

I've a long tradition of using the can opener on my swiss army knife. Only time I get to use it these days.

For my birthday last Saturday my girlfriend gave me two Cascade kits, the Pale Ale and the Chocolate Mahogany Porter. Both of these cans to my surprise are ring-pulls. So it looks like Cascade beat everyone to the punch.

Now I've not heard great things about the Cascade kits but the Porter one seems to be least maligned so I'll probably start with it. At least it will be easy to open!

For my birthday last Saturday my girlfriend gave me two Cascade kits, the Pale Ale and the Chocolate Mahogany Porter. Both of these cans to my surprise are ring-pulls. So it looks like Cascade beat everyone to the punch.

Now I've not heard great things about the Cascade kits but the Porter one seems to be least maligned so I'll probably start with it. At least it will be easy to open!

Try this with the Pale Ale, not too bad.
1 can Imperial Voyage Pale Ale
1.3 kg light liquid malt extract
0.3 kg dextrose
0.3 kg maltodextrin (corn syrup)
15 gram Cascade hop pellets - steeped.

EDIT: boil the pellets in 200-400 mL of water or 10% malt extract solution for 15-20 minutes, strain into the fermenter, press the liquid out of the hops.

I have done this a few times - simple & tasty

Can someone explain left-handed mugs to me, for drinking from. They were on a gift registry for a family member's wedding last year. No joke.

Back