Xmas In Bondi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar Beer

Reaction score
Brewers

Family and I heading from Melbourne to the (vacant) in laws place in Bondi for Xmas and New Years. I've been to Sydney CBD enough times, but never out to Bondi. I know this is Sydney we are taling about, ;) but are there any decent pubs or at least suppliers of real beer in the local area?

Cheers
Polar

Platinum Liquor in Bellevue Hill are definitely a good bottle shop. Great selection - for a price.

Pubs - hmm. It's not far to the city. :icon_cheers:

You're only a bus ride from The Local... 122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst.

View attachment 41502

Now we're talking. Forgot Sydney has a tap house. I'll be off to that Plantinum Liquor too. Bondi Blondes...I think I'll stick to the eye candy version.

Anyone want to tip me into a decent Curry house now?

Forgot about the Taphouse. :blink:

There's Maya Indian Sweets (mainly a restaurant) despite the name at Cleveland Street which is only a five minute drive (fifteen minute shamble) from the Taphouse. The Taphouse has some reasonable food as well though.

Kemeny's is on Bondi Road and often has some of the cheapest grog in the country. The beer selection is ok but not great.

Get the 333 bus to Taylor Square to get to The Local Taphouse. When it's not peak-hour it's about a 15-20 minute trip.

Back