Wyeast 3725 - Biere de Garde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiserben

Reaction score
Any experience with this strain?

I smacked a pack last night and will start building a starter tonight.

The plan is to make a Biere de Garde. Will ferment warm (at ambient, 26C) for ~4 weeks. Crash chill. Bottle. Carbonate. Lager for 1-3 months.

Good yeast. From memory, I fermented mine at fairly normal temps though. Recipe was in the old db somewhere.

Used it a year or two back, great yeast. Used a fairly old pack .... starter almost jumped out of the vessel.

Was used in a clone of Trois Monts. Fermented it at 23 and let rise to 25 after high krausen. Lagered for 4 weeks after.

kaiserben said:
Any experience with this strain?

I smacked a pack last night and will start building a starter tonight.

The plan is to make a Biere de Garde. Will ferment warm (at ambient, 26C) for ~4 weeks. Crash chill. Bottle. Carbonate. Lager for 1-3 months.
I've just bottled this and it had gone from 1.068 way down to 1.005 (apparent attenuation of 92.65%, whereas the pack lists attenuation as being 74-79%). Tasted good, but should I be suspicious of an infection? (and possible bottle bombs? They're carbed to reach 2.9 volumes CO2 in champagne bottles).

Mash steps were:
50C for 10 mins
63C for 30 mins
67C for 30 mins
76C for 10 mins mash out.

It can finish quite tart some 1,005 is probable

Yep, I have it and like it.
I have used it for saisons (as per the description) and it goes well at ambient temp.
I pitched it a 30° recently and the beer turned out well. I find it throw subtle tangerine like flavours.
Ferments well.

I also made a Biere De Garde - still have two left. Ended up at about 9.5%. Ouch.

Latest posts

Back