Wtb Windows Xp Any Version With Kosher Key?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Off topic for brewing but does anyone have a copy of XP with genuine key they would like to sell? My Wireless DLink got fried in a Queensland brown out so for the last few months I've been using the old Bigpond ADSL modem on the laptop which is next to the phone line. Then to add insult to injury the pissy old 800 buck after cashback laptop downloaded itself service pack 2 and the DLink drivers don't work any more so no point in buying a new modem router yet.

I lost my original copy in a house move and if I can get XP, I'll do a complete reno of the whole system and get back to using the good quad core which is currently stranded as it's nowhere near a phone jack. The current laptop is nearly 4 years old and although the hardware is sound, it has terminal code rot (needs a hard reboot every 3 hours of running) so things are getting dire :eek:

Cheers
BribieG

Is the PC still running mate?
You can use this program to find what key your using.
Here.

I can send you a copy of XP to use with your key if need be.

Brilliant work, I can borrow a disk from up the street. Thanks for that, panic over. :icon_cheers:

I would take XP and bin it and install Linux....would run perfect on your old lappy, and you wont need to worry about keys and other such crap

I knew exactly what your post would read when I saw:

"Wtb Windows Xp Any Version With Kosher Key? by Ducatiboy stu"

Brilliant work, I can borrow a disk from up the street. Thanks for that, panic over. :icon_cheers:

Have a look in Control Panel - Add remove programs, and see if you can uninstall service pack 2

Have a look in Control Panel - Add remove programs, and see if you can uninstall service pack 2

Yup I've had a look at that and get massive warnings - I would guess that SP2 replaced so many DLLs etc that it's welded on tight like a parasitic organism. Damn you Gates. Also there are entire forums on how DLink is a shyte company who can't be bothered to send you new drivers etc. The whole system is getting pretty old, might just get a new router and satellites out of the box and start anew.

The thing that annoys me is having to spend ages burning all my photos and docs yet again - don't want to lose all my famous forum pics hey

might just get a new router and satellites out of the box and start anew.
Spend the $$ and get a Billion Modem, you'll never regret it. I'm on my second (only as I wanted to upgrade to have VOIP onboard) and never had an ounce of trouble with it. Had DLink, Belkin & Netgear and all have failed me and an absolute prick to set up.

My 2c FWIW (and only speaking from my experiences - no affiliation etc)

Cheers

Sully

That is almost believable.....

If I did some of the things on my Linux box with XP it would be non-operational...

I even managed to remove the Kernell image and still got it to work... :)

Long time Linux convert here, the whole house uses it (except the arcade cabinet, running xp with no service packs).

Ubuntu flavoured for the last 2 years.

Crundle

My 2c - come to the Dark Side

3d_Apple_Logo_102.jpg

Seriously - the new Intel Macs sh#t all over PC's. (IF I NEED TO RUN A PC APP) I run VMFusion and have 3 virtual machines - 98/2000/XP - all of which run so much better than they do on PC architecture.

They cost more - but you DO get what you pay for.

RM

Running windows 7 RC1 on this laptop and a computer at home and its as solid as a rock. Faster by far than Vista and uses much less memory.
Have tried linux and have to fix and configure macs at work but (Vista aside as its an absolute dog), its windows for me.
Helps that I get it for nix I suppose

Running windows 7 RC1 on this laptop and a computer at home and its as solid as a rock. Faster by far than Vista and uses much less memory.
Have tried linux and have to fix and configure macs at work but (Vista aside as its an absolute dog), its windows for me.
Helps that I get it for nix I suppose

+1 For Windows 7 RC1... the update from 7 Beta was a dream. Keep Vista to line the WPB.
Have tried Linux and it's also great, to each their own.

Cheers.

K

Seems like a good place to put this...

View attachment 28364

Horses for courses I guess.

Cant really disagree with that graph - but I think it leaves off several columns

Like the one about How much time the operating system dedicates to avoiding invasion from Virus/Phishing/Trojans

Pretty sure OSX and Linux would be down the bottom - Windoze would be off the scale.

RM

Latest posts

Back