• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB pin-lock coke kegs old style

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkirky

Reaction score
Hi,

My set-up is for the old style pin lock coke kegs, and I would like a few more...

These are the old, all stainless steel units with the small thread in lid.

PM me or reply here!

Kind regards

jkirky said:
Hi,

My set-up is for the old style pin lock coke kegs, and I would like a few more...

These are the old, all stainless steel units with the small thread in lid.

PM me or reply here!

Kind regards
By thread in the lid you mean the pin posts have a female thread they screw into, if yes I have a good supply for sale.
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
By thread in the lid you mean the pin posts have a female thread they screw into, if yes I have a good supply for sale.
Nev
Thanks for the reply... I was actually referring to the 'lid', not the posts (actually cant remember how the posts screw in to be honest, its been a while since I put kits through them etc).

The lid is about 2 inches diameter and threads into the top/body of the keg. You tighten the lid with a shifter.

here is a pic I borrowed from the interwebs...

EbaY011.jpg

Trevandjo said:
Where are you located. I've got 2 I could swap for ball locks.
Im in sydney...

Thanks for the reply mate, but I dont have any ball locks. I have 2 pin-locks only... Just remembered that they are the rheem style...

jkirky said:
Thanks for the reply... I was actually referring to the 'lid', not the posts (actually cant remember how the posts screw in to be honest, its been a while since I put kits through them etc).

The lid is about 2 inches diameter and threads into the top/body of the keg. You tighten the lid with a shifter.

here is a pic I borrowed from the interwebs...

EbaY011.jpg
I have coke kegs but with cornie style lids not the round type all have pin locks.
Nev

Online Brewing Supplies said:
I have coke kegs but with cornie style lids not the round type all have pin locks.
Nev
I could be wrong, but from memory I think the posts are a different size... I seem to remember the flip lid pin locks being incompatible with the older Rheem, style kegs, but I very we'll could be wrong, and hope I am wrong (would be great if they are the same!)

I will measure my posts on my kegs when it's daylight (nearly 4am here).

Cheers

Latest posts

Back