• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Perth NOR - Fridge or freezer for fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionman

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a cheap all fridge or all freezer upright or chest freezer for my 30L fermenter.

Hoping for something that could fit two fermenters at a later stage but not that fussed.

Let me know if you have a spare one your looking to off load. Prefer north of river but can travel south if needed.

Thanks
Nick

Lifting a full fermenter in an out of a chesty isn't a great idea. Save it for a keezer, kegs are a tad more manageable.

Uprights are good for ferm fridges, you can take gravity samples without having to remove the fermenter.

2c

Check out Gumtree: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-fridges-freezers/perth/c20061l3008303?sort=rank there's a few in there.

On the subject of chest freezers vs uprights, I use a chest freezer that I bought new (but damaged) on Grays Online - cost me a $100 and the only thing wrong was one of the corners is a bit crumpled. Lifting full fermenters in & out isn't too much of an issue - fits two.

Thanks for the input guys. Keeping an eye on Gumtree for bargains, don't worry!

I agree that an upright is more ideal much easier to just open the door and turn a tap to check gravity.

How many litres is your chest that fits two fermenters? Some of the small ones look like they would struggle to fit one.

I have an upright fridge with an STC1000 that I was going to sell. I will only fit a single 30L fermenter, but has worked well for me. The fridge thermostat is permanently set to igloo, but with the STC it works fine.

If you can get an all fridge (from a pigeon pair for example) you can fit two fermenters, one on top of the other. If you get the square blue Bunnings fermenters the you might be able to squeeze them side by side).

Pucken heaps of fridges on Gumtree.

Latest posts

Back