• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - Gas burner for 70L BIAB pot and bench

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StalkingWilbur

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Am looking for a good gas burner and a metal bench or shelving unit to brew on using a 70L pot for BIAB in Perth.

Whilst second hand would be great, I am also open to suggestions if anyone has seen any good deals around lately.

Cheers!

Okay. Don't worry about the stand. My mates dad is going to help me build something like this.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1388840897.762291.jpg

Still after a second hand burner or if someone's knows of a good deal on a burner in a shop!

Howdy,

Been distilling for past 3 years or so and regularly run either 50lt or 100lt washes. From experience the Mongolian burners can and do soot badly if not run over 50% so a slow controlled lower heat is a PITA. As an option have cut jets down to 12 only but it does not resolve the sooting issue at slower run speeds. They also use a fair bit of gas, but quick as to heat.

Personal pref remains the 3 ring cast iron burner, no sooting, can drop back to single ring for finer control, uses less gas. Heat times would be +1/3 so no biggy.
If you can sit them in a steel car rim that matches pot = pot sits nicely on lip with the burner inside the rim they are really very good, reducing heat loss/wind swirl.

Just cut a slot in the rim for the neck of the burner to sit in, prefer a braided gas hose for safety and your done.

cheers
bt1

Thanks, that info is really helpful.

I'm trying to decide between the four ring burner and an Italian spiral. I can't find any spiral burners for sale in perth though, so I might have to go with the four ring.

Annaconda has them for a pretty good price, but the description says its a low pressure device. Can anyone tell me if that is okay to use with a med pressure variable regulator, or of its not the kind of four ring burner I need.

Sorry to ask what are probably basic questions, but I'm stuck in the middle of the desert trying to get things organized and can't actually visit any of these shops until I get home!

I know blokes who use medium pressure variable regs on these low pressure ring burners...they crank out some serious heat!!! I went to the local gas supplies place to get a reg like this for my low pressure burner, but he wouldnt sell me one when I told him what it was for .......but people do it and it works! I now have an italian spiral with a low pressure reg and it does the job nicely.

Back