Wtb: Garden Shed To Put Brew Gear Etc In...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
G'day folks,

I am moving to Adelaide next week and want to get my hands on a garden shed (small one) to put my AG brewery in (have to modify the lay out tho) and lock up my push bike etc in when not brewing.

So was wanting some suggestions if anyone has any.

Looking for something that is around 3m x 1.5m which should fit all my brew gear in. I am limited in space where I will be able to put it....will be in a carport and still have to be able to fit the car (there is a roller door at the entrance of the carport so can't stick the bum of the car out...sort of a garage but no wall on one side.)

Anyway any suggestions...especially those in the Adelaide area would be great. I will be living in Hillcrest to NE of city.

Cheers, Pok (might have to change my name :( )

This what you require...

vab2.jpg

Not quite sure it would all fit...but imagine the size of the burner in there :p

I realise this seems like a stupid thread but surely someone knows of what can be had for the right money.

Exactly what I'm after....its just the lack of space that will be an issue :( Just wondering what they are "really" worth...not the inflated prices

OMFG is that a belt driven grinder bench??? IF so it's a work of art. Looks like an old washing machine motor.....

On the subject of sheds you could get one of those ones that is wide but not deep, use one side for storage and the other for brewing, brew with the doors open to give yourself more room.

Brendo's setup looks great though!

there are basically two types in these sheds (down here there is anyway);
the bunnings type ones that come in a box about 400mm wide and you have to join all the sheets to make the walls and roof.
the other type (sold as garden star) come in about 6 sheets, one for each wall and side of the roof, much easier if you have to move it, probably also a better grade of material.

I have the first type and have moved it 3 times, the last time I ended up doing my nut and jumping all over the f***ing thing. Then I had to panel beat it and reassemble :(

I have a friend in Adelaide he is renting and the house came with an awesome garden shed, I can't think of the brand.

The garden stars are $600 zinc-$750 colourbond for the size you mentioned. Linky

Recently bought a shed from this place: Sheds Plus which is in Enfield and not too far from Holden Hill. I was after a specific size to fit in a courtyard though and I seem to remember there being (much) cheaper ones online somewhere in bigger more standard sizes but can't remember where.

looks like i am famous!

My shed is a 3x3 so a bit bigger than what you are after but gives me plenty of room to work and plenty of storage. Have just had a very solid bench built so the brewery is now humming along.

My shed is the second type - full panels and very solid. Cost about $300 down here.

And yes - the mill is belt driven and i do love it dearly!

Great work Brendo.... i'm guessing you use the same grain supplier as me, would be about 5-10k almost due south of Croydon, I'm over near the Police Academy.
Perhaps i need to invest in a setup like that, i BIAB mash in the kitchen and ferment on the bar....

pokolbinguy, we got a freebie garden shed from Freecycle, might be worth posting a request before you pay money for one, you never know what will happen.

Been in a similar situation recently, looking for a shed.

Other alternatives...

Advertiser (local paper) cheap garden sheds etc always for sale in there.

Internet search on garden sheds will provide a heap of options for a new small shed with set door locations.

I ended up going a Stratco shed, as they can add extra doors, etc exactly where you want them. That set me back around $900 for a 3 x 2.4m shed. Thanks for paying for that one Ruddy!!!

Hey pok,

If you where up for it you could try calling the local council and see if they have any recycle depots/re-use shops close to you where you may be able to find the material you need (struts, steel sheets, etc.) and design from there. Had a mate who did this, he did spend 5 weeks looking mind you, and got enough material for a 6x3m shed for next to nothing.

Unfortunetly he lost it on black saturday and didnt have it insured.

Aaron

Great work Brendo.... i'm guessing you use the same grain supplier as me, would be about 5-10k almost due south of Croydon, I'm over near the Police Academy.
Perhaps i need to invest in a setup like that, i BIAB mash in the kitchen and ferment on the bar....

Hey Flatop,

I assume you are talking about Brewers Den... I don't get much from there, but I know Pete as the melb brewers meet at his warehouse in Boronia.

Not really sure where you are at... but an outside set up is certainly more SWMBO friendly when I am busy making a mess ;0)

Always welcome to come check things out if you are interested sometime... just let me know via PM.

Cheers,

Brendo

Latest posts

Back