• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB Corny Kegs Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChoat

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of ball lock 19l corny kegs in good condition. Will travel as far as caboolture to beenleigh to collect.
If you have any you're willing to part with let me know. Cheer.

Thanks, I've been watching Gumtree trying to find me a deal, but the bloke at elimbah wants $70 each. Craftbrewer sell them reconditioned for that much, plus they're closer so I may just have to head there.
If i get lucky I'm hoping to spend closer to 50 a piece since I'm cheap.

Word on the street the second hand ball locks are about done.

I may have just got my last order.

Yeah, unless you're buying up all the units that are just being retired in China in massive bulk, you probably won't see many second hand anymore

I bought 4 a fortnight ago. Trouble is they're full already. They are definitely still kicking around on gumtree, I wouldn't believe everything you hear.

Speaking to blokes at a few kit brew oriented shops they'd all have you believe that they won't be in existence in six months and we should buy from them at 120 a piece.

Talking to a bloke recently at a good grain oriented shop and he reckons they're still coming in by the container load, even though they've been discontinued in the states they're still easily sourced over in Europe and Asia.

Some shops are probably just plying scare tactics to pump the prices up.

The problem is, if you're bringing in 2500 or so from china, you don't know how many of those have pinhole leaks, rooted posts, won't hold pressure
If you buy 2500 (a container full), I'd bet you'll lose at least 500 to not holding pressure or other faults
add shipping, customs, taxes, etc
You're not paying the $30 per unit that they're selling for on Alibaba anymore, you're paying close to $50 a unit
Then the brick and mortar shops need to pay to have it shipped to them from the importer, then charge to make a profit on top of this
It's not as simple as scare tactics to drive the prices up...

There's definitely a lot in the process I'm oversimplifying.

I still don't believe they're going to disappear from the market any time soon. There is enough demand for them. If someone is buying them someone else will always be bringing them in.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]It's pretty simple for me looks like my suppliers over getting the poor quality kegs in and that means I'm not going to get them which means my cutomers are not.[/SIZE]

I just had one fail spectacularly and it's coming out of my profit so I suspect I'll move to new Chinese one's.

That said there's always a home brewer that's got out of brewing sitting on 10+.

DU99 said:
Thanks, I'm watching gummie and eBay like a hawk, I've tried asking most who have whole setups but many aren't willing to separate the kegs.

I guess another few weeks in secondary won't hurt anything while I wait for something to pop up

Back