• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantoffie

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade so I can brew quality all summer long, as well start to lager!

Anyone have a Chest freezer or know where to get one for cheep??

name your price.

If you are on the Mornington Peninsula a mate of mine is selling his. It works well. Fits 3 cornies. PM me if you are interested.

Shit. Im an idiot, didnt say where I am. In Thornbury, Vic. Mornington Might be a bit far. :p

hawk gumtree daily.. youll pick one up 40-100 bucks s/hand..

got mine that way for 40$

leighaus said:
hawk gumtree daily.. youll pick one up 40-100 bucks s/hand..

got mine that way for 40$
Have been, just no luck thus far.

Hi Cantoffie

I'm sure this won't help you so gosh knows why I'm posting it! I've been going through the same thing for a while but have been a bit disappointed with the 2nd hand ones. Most of them have had hard lives and look it, and since it's going into the family room (next to the kitchen) I want it to look reasonably good. My approach is to get a new one now, as well as future proofing myself to some degree. The one I'm eyeing off is the Haier 264 litre chest freezer from Hardly Normal for $449. I compared it to the Fisher and Paykel 216 litre, and it has the same energy rating, $50 cheaper, 50 litres more, same warranty. The only minor drawback is the collar may need to be 5 cm more in height.

But good luck anyway, and cheers
Phil

buy a banged up seconds or used one and box it out with something flashy. Looks more like a bar and less like a fridge.. bit of a labour of love though.

Aesthetics are of little concern to me, I am just looking to toss it in the garage next to the bins and next to the work bench. All it has to be able to do is keep temperature at 3 degrees and Im happy.

Im not so worried about efficiency either, You aren't running it at its full capacity when using it as a temperature control for fermenting, and they are hella better than stand up fridges. Mate of mine uses a chest freezer as his primary fridge at home and says it costs him 12$ a year to run.

Back