• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Chest Freezer For 4 Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anc001

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm finally looking at getting my brews into kegs, the suitable setup for me seems to be 4x 19L kegs in achest freezer.
If anyone has one they are getting rid of, knows of a good place to source them in and around adelaide, or has any tips, tricks or links then feel free to drop a reply!

:beer:

Would love to know what people think about reasonable prices for second hand CFreezers (e.g. ebay trading post),

and whether they are normally fairly dependable?

Buy a new Centrex 200L and build a collar. The you get a new freezer, warranty and better power consumption.

There is heaps of info on here about them. Search under my name and you will find a thread on how I built a collar for one.

Cheers, Pok

Have a look in the Friday Shopper section in the Adevertiser. Because the adds are free theres usually some cheapies in there.

Have a look in the Friday Shopper section in the Adevertiser. Because the adds are free theres usually some cheapies in there.

thanks guys, appreciate it.

Hi i picked up a second hand 210 ltr freezer for $120 on ebay its 5 year old.

I didn't bother with collar as the space to side without motor provides space for 3 kegs and i use the other space for extras, bottles, yeast storage etc. With the Fridgemate hooked up and set to 4 degrees the freezer only kicks in every 5 to 6 hours for about 20 mins, then again i live in Melb.

Buy a new Centrex 200L and build a collar. The you get a new freezer, warranty and better power consumption.

There is heaps of info on here about them. Search under my name and you will find a thread on how I built a collar for one.

Cheers, Pok

Pok,

How much did you pay for the Centrex ?

Cheers

Pok,

How much did you pay for the Centrex ?

Cheers

From memory around $395 from the good guys. Was meant to be around $450 or something like that, but aslong as u pay "cash" (cash, eftpos, credit card... just not finance with them)... you will always get it cheaper.

for $395 inc it being NEW and with warranty seemed like a damn good deal to me. And with the collar there is not void of the warranty because if something goes wrong the collar is extremely easy to take off buy undoing the bolts and re-attaching the lid.

Any questions just ask.

Pok :beer:

Pok,

Can you get 4 kegs in that ?

I should look at the original thread i spose ! :p

Cheers

Pok,

Can you get 4 kegs in that ?

I should look at the original thread i spose ! :p

Cheers

Have a look at this thread..... it shows how I built my collar. Easily fit 4 post mix kegs in there but if you make a taller collar (like some on AHB have) you would fit another two on the compressor hump... making 6. For this though you will need a computer fan to keep the top section cold. ATM i don't have a fan, but the beer still stays nice and cold.... the pour is just a little frothy to start with but that is fixed after the first bit comes out.

My Chesty Thread

Anyway if you need any help, just yell..

Have a look at this thread..... it shows how I built my collar. Easily fit 4 post mix kegs in there but if you make a taller collar (like some on AHB have) you would fit another two on the compressor hump... making 6. For this though you will need a computer fan to keep the top section cold. ATM i don't have a fan, but the beer still stays nice and cold.... the pour is just a little frothy to start with but that is fixed after the first bit comes out.

My Chesty Thread

Anyway if you need any help, just yell..

Thanks Pok,

Already had a look, did a search ( big deal for me :p ! ) and found the thread, i've got some 2000mm sq sheets of 100mm cladded polystyrene that is used for coolrooms etc, thinking about using some of it for the collar.

Anyone here tried it ?

Cheers

Thanks Pok,

Already had a look, did a search ( big deal for me :p ! ) and found the thread, i've got some 2000mm sq sheets of 100mm cladded polystyrene that is used for coolrooms etc, thinking about using some of it for the collar.

Anyone here tried it ?

Cheers

That would be awesome to make a collar out out. And I assume its white aswell.. so would look neat and tidy with the freezer...... if you have any offcuts floating around you wish to giveaway feel free to send them my way :p

Pok

That would be awesome to make a collar out out. And I assume its white aswell.. so would look neat and tidy with the freezer...... if you have any offcuts floating around you wish to giveaway feel free to send them my way :p

Pok

Yeah no worries :D

only thing i'm thinking is when it's drilled for the taps, the polystyrene might need reinforcing with a length of pipe/tube to stop the cladding being pulled in.

Cheers

Yeah no worries :D

only thing i'm thinking is when it's drilled for the taps, the polystyrene might need reinforcing with a length of pipe/tube to stop the cladding being pulled in.

Cheers

Yeh thats easy enough, I used to have a fridge with taps through the front and needed to pack it with pipe to stop that. Easiest way to do it is get some PVC pipe that is slightly bigger than the hole you have drilled, cut a slot down the side of it, and squeeze the PVC pipe so it wraps around itself a little, then push in the hole, and when you let go it will expand back out.... all done.

Pok

Back