• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb: 2kg Wheat Malt, Pref Bb Asap, Perth.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping to lay down a brew this Saturday very similar to the sticks & stones in recipeDB. Got most of the grain and hops sorted but just chasing 2kg of wheat malt, milled. I live fairly close to brewcraft/west brew in Osborne park, not sure if they have wheat malt and/or the quality/freshness of the malts there.

Any help much appreciated!

Kyle.

Brewmart in bayswater is probably the closest that carry a good range of grain, otherwise TWOC in bibra lake has a great range, but is obviously a bit further to travel

Just call them to see what they have - they'll mill the grains for you.

edit - if my mill setup was working I'd be able to crush 2kg of Weyermann Pale Wheat as I've got a few kgs at home.

Just call them to see what they have - they'll mill the grains for you.

edit - if my mill setup was working I'd be able to crush 2kg of Weyermann Pale Wheat as I've got a few kgs at home.

Use a rolling pin...develop that thirst for a cold one.

Edit: I'd mill it for you but I won't be home until about 8 tonight. Let me know if you get stuck.

Have you tried James @ brew2You Ph. (08) 94187157

Yeah I got the rest of the stuff from James but he said the last shipment of wheat he got was bad and won't sell it. Might give BrewMart a call then.

Just curious, what do other people do for sourcing their malt? It seems James and Nev are the main sources. I guess having your own mill makes you more flexible as you can buy slot and just crush what you need when you need.

I think a mill set up will be next on the list after a kegging set up! It's never ending!

If everything falls through I've got bb wheat and can mill it. But I'm in high wycombe so will be a little trip. Drop me a pm if u need it.

Cheers mate. Will do. And thanks everyone for offering to help!

I was in brewmart bayswater yesterday and I know he's definately got joe white wheat malt and bestmaltz which is a german one.

Yeah I got the rest of the stuff from James but he said the last shipment of wheat he got was bad and won't sell it. Might give BrewMart a call then.

Just curious, what do other people do for sourcing their malt? It seems James and Nev are the main sources. I guess having your own mill makes you more flexible as you can buy slot and just crush what you need when you need.

I think a mill set up will be next on the list after a kegging set up! It's never ending!

Yeah a grain mill is definitely the way to go. Just buying a 25kg bag of base malt makes a massive difference on your total costs

Great, I'll be swinging by there tomorrow then!

Latest posts

Back