World Cup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The german free kick against sweden with 30 secs ago was typical german precision.
Not sure they can win, but I got $60 on that they will.

I have watched quite a few games (thanks to my vpn), and I'm not yet sure who looks the best.
Possibly Spain,, the game against Portugal was fantastic. Ronaldos a freak, but dont reckon they will last.

England have had the easiest matches so far, and both Belgium and England will probably field a second rate startup.

Its a good world cup so far, and yes not many dives.
I like the video ref, but its still not consistent.

I fancied Germany to win but I wouldn't be putting any money on the outcome, having watched a few games myself I am finding it more difficult to see a team which shows more class than another.
As for the England and Belgium game would be hard to pick any second raters from both sides, and it would be a boost to England's confidence if they could come away with a win.

So Germany bomb out of the world cup, I think I read somewhere and it could have been Jose Mourhino who said it, doesn't matter what they look like on paper, it's how they play as a team. German fans will not be happy.

Where the hell was their goalkeeper when South Korea scored their second goal?

They finished bottom of their group, makes me feel a lot better about our performance.

It seems to be the style of play for the goalies to be out of the penalty area, don't know how far the German goal keeper wandered off to.
Good to see Aaron Mooy is being considered for the buy back to Manchester City, played solidly throughout.

Auf Wiedersehen Germany, Basil Faulty will be pi$$ing himself, shame about Iceland but…
Oh; Australia should have thrown the kitchen sink at France its not league football.
Hope no one had any $ on the Germans….. bet the bookies just cleaned up big time!

I quite like the input Fos puts in, much prefer the English commentary compared to the Australian one during a game, seems he has to keep the dialogue going which I don't mind, and all those security guys around the touchline. I haven't counted them but there must be a few, how tempting it must be to turn around and have a look whats happening on the field instead of whats happening in the crowd.
Jobs for the boys as Putin is an ex security guard.;)

Agree 100% about the English commentator. I always enjoyed Simon Hill's commentary but I think he's on Fox now.

They're much easier on the ear than our sports commentators, particularly AFL, who for some reason think they need to inform us of every insignificant detail about what's clearly obvious to see on the screen and they do so at the top of their voice.

My old man reckons he's worn out the mute button on his remote control from muting the AFL commentators.:D

England was well lucky it didn't end up at 3 nil.
On AFL I did like what Akermanis had to say on the radio commentary's but unfortunately he couldn't keep his remarks entirely on the game.

Not keen on the penalty shootouts but can't see another way around getting a result. What I would like to see is anyone rolling around on the ground for more than 10 seconds should be counted out, taken off and not allowed back on, ref could say Health and Safety grounds. Bloody disgusting some of the theatricals we have to watch.

Agreed about the rolling around, I love football and I'm sick of it being a barrier for more Australians to embrace the sport. If we are going to have the VAR, I think it should be used to stamp out simulation.

I love shootouts though, and actually do think it's a fair way to decide a game. Shows physical fitness and mental strength to put away a penalty after 120 mins of football. It's not a lottery like lots of people say, just look at how many Germany have won...and England have lost.

It has been shown mathematically that the team that shoots first in a penalty shoot out has a significant advantage. A fairer system would be A then B then BA BA AB BA, still not perfect but much fairer, still, it must be unbelievable pressure for the players involved… I will try and find a link to the explanation, Cheers. ps the bookies must be making a fortune

Yeah, I thought they were bringing that system in for this world cup actually... heard it referred to as the ABBA system

Latest posts

Back