Working In Muswellbrook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm working and staying up Muswellbrook way for the next 10 weeks and was interested to know if there were any brewers up this way keen for a drink or 2? :beer:

Brian

hey Brian,

sorry mate,

a long way from Muswellbrook, but i was wondering if you're working off the mines like i am ?

i did have a few in the P.O.W on the corner there a few years back. :beerbang:

cheers
yardy

I spent 6yrs in Muswellbrook, could not wait to get out of the s&^t hole. Used to drink at Eatons, before the publican moved to Tamworth after I left, and also The Royal. As for brewers, they are mainly the unemployed folk that think a Homebrand kit and a kilo of sugar makesd great beer. They drink after 7 days in the bottle.

I pity you, Muswellbrook is full of drug addicts and theives

Ducatiboy stu said:
I spent 6yrs in Muswellbrook, could not wait to get out of the s&^t hole. Used to drink at Eatons, before the publican moved to Tamworth after I left, and also The Royal. As for brewers, they are mainly the unemployed folk that think a Homebrand kit and a kilo of sugar makesd great beer. They drink after 7 days in the bottle.

I pity you, Muswellbrook is full of drug addicts and theives
[post="96760"][/post]​

Aw c'mon now don't hold back Duc.Boy

Duc Boy
Were you working for the Muswellbrook Tourist Centre?
Cheers
Gerard

If you get some free time then I suggest the following PUBs

Jerrys Plains Tavern. Its your basic small pub.

Denman Hotel ( the one with the reasturant ) Lovely old pub with good food

Linga Longa Inn. The pub at Gundy, a very small town up behind Glenbawn Dam. Just go there and dont ask why, cause you will find out for yourself.The bar seats/stands about 20 people, then you have to hang out the front door

Victoria Hotel, Moonan Flat. About 50km Gundy, and if you ride bike it is a must see. Fantastic little pub, great food ( I still hope ) fantastic scenery. And the Linga Longa is one the way out and on the way back.

Top Pub at Aberdeen, at the turn off to Gundy and the dam...Unfortunatly you have to pass this pub to get to Gundy & Moonan Flat.

M'Brook may be full of F&^$%wits, but the sorounding pubs are really good.

:chug:

My boss mentioned the Denman Hotel for a good feed. :)

And I ride a Ducati, which I guess you do as well! :beerbang:

Thanks for the other tips too.

My roommate has one (commercial!!) beer a night and tells me how it more then he has drunk in his life. :eek:

Cant have a big night though as they do random drug testing at work <_<

What sort of Duke have you got..

I have a 750 Monster and the Missus has a 750ss

The ride to Moonan flat is not a bad ride, just watch the road as it gets a bit rough in places.

Its also a good ride out to jerry Plains, then up to Denman, go up to Sandy crossing and take the back road in to Muswellbrook. Nice and fast with no coppers.

i've got a 916.

thanks for the info.

my missus would love a 600 Monster
and my brother has a 900SD.

:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back