Wollongong Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altstart

Reaction score
Hi Wollongong people
I asked last week for the best Bottlo in Wollongong. To all those who replied a big thank you. The wedding which was the reason for my visit to Wollongong took place on Saturday. On Sunday I visited Figtree cellars and purchased Old Speckled Hen,Spitfire ale, Hens Tooth, Ruddles County, and a Dunkel Wiessbier. This Bottlo has a good range of imported beers from Europe. My wife had to drag me away.

In Stark contrast the wedding reception was held at the Jamberoo lodge. They offer not one draught beer only bottled beer. The food was literally inedible my steak has the distinction of being the toughest piece of shoe leather I have ever been offered as food. The entree consisted of a dozen pieces of Calamari that had been kept warm for some considerable time. It turned out that none of the staff had been topping up the beer fridges as the evening progressed. The result of this was that the fridges were filled up when they were empty and guests were served warm beer. The dessert was of the same standard as the rest of the food in this case simply tasteless and not worth the calories. By now this establishment will have been made aware in no uncertain terms of the distress they caused the bride and groom on their wedding day.
In my opinion this venue is to be avoided at all costs.

On the Sunday a second gathering took place at my brothers house the father of the groom. Wollongong turned on a perfect day and it was complimented by the ale I had purchased earlier. I retired suitably inebriated about 1.30 Monday morning. A visit of contrasts and not to be forgotten.

Cheers Altstart

Latest posts

Back