WLP001 Cal. Ale slow start?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used 001 but everyone says it is the same as 1056 and US05.

It isn't at all unusual for there not to be much krausen. It ferments reasonably quickly, just not unusual for it to not do much visually.

Funny I hear this every winter "my ferment is not going as planned", as an experienced brewer I can tell you the ambient temps will play a BIG roll in the start and finish of your beers.
Dont worry , keep the ferment temps up in the little willy temps and all will be fine. Plan ahead and get a pecker heater. :p
Or just brew lagers :drinks:

Nev

So my fears... They were unfounded. Came out this morning to find a yeast tsunami had filled the top of my fermentor and coated the top of my fridge. :blink:

OBS - Interesting you say that but I have a fermentation fridge with a heat belt and a PID controller - temperatures were spot on... So I don't think ambient temperature would play that much of a role in that situation?

Was just slow to start. Will know for next time.

theresheblows.jpg

Decent pitch of yeast into 26L of high-gravity wort in a 30L fermenter... was bound to happen!

dteahan said:
So my fears... They were unfounded. Came out this morning to find a yeast tsunami had filled the top of my fermentor and coated the top of my fridge. :blink:

OBS - Interesting you say that but I have a fermentation fridge with a heat belt and a PID controller - temperatures were spot on... So I don't think ambient temperature would play that much of a role in that situation?

Was just slow to start. Will know for next time.
Yes true, good to see though.

Latest posts

Back