Winner Of Babbs Trip To Ny Is......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Made you look you dirty chook :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

goddam i'm sucha dirty chook

Made you look you dirty chook :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

Got me, ya bugger
Only found out about it last week at my 1st Babbs meeting. What a prize.
Wholly snappin ducks gadgets.
Where do they get the money for that?
Unfortunately it wont be me but good on the dirty chook who wins :icon_cheers:
Daz

Do we have any photos from the day?

What an easy day of judging, great preparation by the stewards, heaps of time and fantastic beers :beer:

Do we have any photos from the day?

What an easy day of judging, great preparation by the stewards, heaps of time and fantastic beers :beer:
I took plenty Jye,

But...with someone else's camera...

You'll have to bug one of BABBS newest members for them.

PB

I WON!!!!!!

Absolutely nuthin'!! :icon_vomit:

But you did make me look as I was at Crafties today hasseling Ross for a hint.

Cheers

Chappo

Just a reminder the presentation is on Saturday from 5?? onwards. Bring a keg, kegs, beer, sleeping bag, whatever. Gonna be a big beery night!

The winner has been announced... and there is a twist :eek:

6 kegs full and I'll be drinking number 7 and 8 soon-ish. Finished up 2 batches and adding more brew goodies later.

Thats me, you dirty little birds.

Congrats Bribie G, you won the mother! And congrats to Pocket Beers who's gonna be in NY!

Congrats Bribie G, you won the mother! And congrats to Pocket Beers who's gonna be in NY!

Congrats BG! :beerbang: What was the prize again? A trip to NY to brew and do what?
Cheers
Steve

Congrats to the winners, good on you BribieG you must be really chuffed.

Andrew

Congrats to all the winners!

Congrats Bribie, PocketBeers, BrownDog, MossyRocks (Champion Beer!) and all the other guys. Well done and congrats again!

Cheers

Chappo

Congrats to all the winners!

Congrats Bribie, PocketBeers, BrownDog, MossyRocks (Champion Beer!) and all the other guys. Well done and congrats again!

Cheers

Chappo
Cheers Chappo,

Still smiling. :rolleyes:

Now to have a good read of all the judges comments and up the game in the areas identified.

PB :beer:

Well done BribieG
Good to see a gentleman rewarded for his efforts.
Cheers
Nige

Congrats for the fantastic win Michael and big ups to Mossy and Dave for outstanding results. I'd like to thank also the BABBs comittee for organising such a great competition, take a bow guys.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks guys.. a word of explanation:

I did indeed win the comp, but sadly will be unable to go to NY due to family and work reasons, so happily passed the trip onto the second place winner, Pocket Beers.
PB is not only a top brewer but is the sort of guy, if you saw him in town you would unthinkingly jaywalk four lanes of rush hour traffic to go over and shake his hand "hey it's good old PB over there" and he will be an excellent ambassador for Aussie Home Brew in New York.

Anyway not all doom, there was a fairly good cash component with the prize as well so I'm finally off to get my Keg Fridge tomorrow then down to Ross to get taps, tubes, regs and a tutorial on how to bang it all together. I actually have a full keg of my winning superTTL already waiting.

Next year is either West Coast USA or the Great British Beer Festival as I understand so me preparations start this afternoon :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

I'ts also a win for BIAB which is as important to me as one year's personal success.

:icon_drunk:

Congratulations to both BribieG, Pocket Beers and the rest of the BABBs comp winners. The judging day was great to be a part of, and there were some truly outstanding beers on show. While it is a pity that BribieG can't go, I'm sure Dave will thoroughly enjoy the experience, be able to divest his knowledge and pick up some pointers as to how HB is done in the US of A. There should be a few more drinking stories to share upon his return too methinks! :icon_drunk:

Thanks also to Ross for playing host to the judging day too, and to the BABBs committee for all their behind-the scenes work. The passion for brewing was on display for all to see. Can't wait for next year! :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back