Wine Based Fruity Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am located in Perth, and on many a holiday trip down south I have visited Bushshack brewery in Yallingup with a bunch of friends. The boys love this place because some of the ladies that are not a fan of beer would normally be itching to take us away to one of the nearby wineries so they may enjoy a drink also, and take us away from our beloved beer. But at Bushshack they have a bunch of sweet fruit flavored drinks which are thick like beer, pour like beer, have a head like beer, but are apparently wine based.

Listed on their website here as "flavored wine drinks": http://www.bushshackbrewery.com.au/brews.htm

Anyone have any idea how these would be brewed? Would love to experiment around with these.

Thanks all!

I live in margs and go to the shack quite a bit! Hows that crazy pool table?!?! Did you try their 'pharo's spelt' beer? Awesome!

mmm yep.. one of my faves. so jealous you are so close =)

My guess is that they will use artificial flavours and make the beer as normal, or they could throw in some fruit while fermenting and or in the mash, like they do with orange peel and coriander in some wits.

Aaron

Latest posts

Back