Will This Be Ok?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxy007

Reaction score
Hi All,
Will this be an ok mix?
1.7 kg can of Mexican Creveza
500gm dry malt
1kg of brew enhancer #2
1Kg of Dextrose.

Should I use 500gms of dextrose or will 1kg be ok?

Cheers,

Maxy

Hi All,
Will this be an ok mix?
1.7 kg can of Mexican Creveza
500gm dry malt
1kg of brew enhancer #2
1Kg of Dextrose.

Should I use 500gms of dextrose or will 1kg be ok?

Cheers,

Maxy

to much sugars, I'd use 500g dex, 500g dry malt, your KK obviuosly, maybe use a different yeast than 1 supplied if you can, brew around 18-20* depending on yeast, others will shorely add to this.

Will it be OK ? Yes
Will it be Great ? No
I'd ditch the dextrose altogether, swap the 500g dry malt for some liquid malt from a coopers tin (Light would suit the brew) and go from there. Won't pack as much punch but will taste a bit better. Maybe some Saaz hops in there as well and ideally you'd use W34/70 (or whatever it is) and brew at less thn 15degs.

Otherwise, what ya got will give you beer, which is the aim at the end of the day :chug:

im currently drinkling a mexican cervesa added 1kg of 50/50 and 500 grams of dextrose and it turned out very drinkable. in my opinion 1kg of fermentables just doesnt give me the alcohol% that i like. i alwasy add between 1250 and 1500grams of fermentables. To make sure its get up over the 5% mark.

I'd go the 1kg of Dex and the 1/2 kg of malt and save the BE2 for another brew. Cervezas are supposed to be a lighter tasting beer so you wouldn't want to over malt it.

Back