Will There Be A 2007 Qld Qualifier For Aabc 2007?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any plans for a Qld state comp this year that will act as a qualifier for AABC 2007?

If as I suspect not, what can we do to make sure something happens this year? With such a healthy brewing population up this way there must be some of us interested in entering competition - it would be a shame to either miss out or have to rely on another state's generosity again this year.

I realise this can get controversial - I am not trolling here, I genuinely want to compete this year and want to do it through our own qualifier. While I am time-poor like most of us I will also contribute what I can to making something happen if needs be. Just thought it better to start now if we do need to get our collective acts together.

Does anyone know of any plans for a Qld state comp this year that will act as a qualifier for AABC 2007?

If as I suspect not, what can we do to make sure something happens this year? With such a healthy brewing population up this way there must be some of us interested in entering competition - it would be a shame to either miss out or have to rely on another state's generosity again this year.

I realise this can get controversial - I am not trolling here, I genuinely want to compete this year and want to do it through our own qualifier. While I am time-poor like most of us I will also contribute what I can to making something happen if needs be. Just thought it better to start now if we do need to get our collective acts together.

I'll like to see this as well lonte,but I am not going to hold my breath waiting.

Batz

I am looking into running the Qld qualifyer this year, I am currently waiting on the AABC catagories and styles to be finalised and will then post details regarding entries ect. This should happen hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
No final date has been set for the Qld comp but I will give brewers plenty of time to get their entries sorted.
Qld will adopt the AABC catagories and styles for ease of management and also so the brewers will know exactly what they can enter and expect to qualify into the Nationals.

As soon as I can I will post more details.

Cheers
Andrew

I am looking into running the Qld qualifyer this year, I am currently waiting on the AABC catagories and styles to be finalised and will then post details regarding entries ect. This should happen hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
No final date has been set for the Qld comp but I will give brewers plenty of time to get their entries sorted.
Qld will adopt the AABC catagories and styles for ease of management and also so the brewers will know exactly what they can enter and expect to qualify into the Nationals.

As soon as I can I will post more details.

Cheers
Andrew

Cheers Andrew :super:
I imagine it's a huge job ahead

Batz

Hopefully I will have the dates for the Qld qualifier after the weekend, I am just waiting on the dates for the AABC to be finalised. But rest assured there will be a Qld qualifier this year.

Cheers
Andrew

Hopefully I will have the dates for the Qld qualifier after the weekend, I am just waiting on the dates for the AABC to be finalised. But rest assured there will be a Qld qualifier this year.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see someone has put up their hand. I hope you have plenty of helpers on-board. I suspect it is going to be more work (thankless too :angry: ) than you think.

I would emplore all you Qld brewers to jump in and give Andrew some help. Otherwise this will be the only year it happens.

cheers

Darren

You are a gluten for punishment but well done for putting your hand up :beerbang:

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see someone has put up their hand. I hope you have plenty of helpers on-board. I suspect it is going to be more work (thankless too :angry: ) than you think.

I would emplore all you Qld brewers to jump in and give Andrew some help. Otherwise this will be the only year it happens.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,
Never a truer word has been spoken, any and all help would be appreciated, I will be starting a new thread on Monday with details of the competition and a firm date. Anyone wishing to help out can contact me at [email protected] given that the competition will bu run in Bundaberg I am not expecting a mad rush of volunteers :lol: .

Cheers
Andrew

Bad time of the year as far as my work goes Andrew,but if I can help out I'll be there :beerbang:

Batz

Latest posts

Back