Wild Yak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the day if you only go to pubs to drink super hopped IPAs or Double Imperial Hefepoodles then you know exactly which pubs serve them, so drink there and leave the likes of Yak or VB or CD to the other 90% of the population.

For example I'm not much of a coffee drinker but when I'm out I'm more than happy to get a flat white, extra shot, from Maccas or Gloria Jean's and don't roll around on the floor swinging my handbag and whining about how the smoky spiciness of the arabica is being sacrificed to the bland creaminess of the back-palate notes - oh the humanity.

Edit: as home brewers we often lose sight of the fact that most people don't go to the pub to drink beer. Believe it or not. They go there to see mates, watch the races and bet on TAB, discuss cattle prices, get away from the Mrs, wait for a taxi, plan out the earthmoving job coming up at Coraki and should we give Ron a bell to see if his drott's available for the weekend...........
Really they couldn't give a rats what's in their hand as long as it's what they normally drink which around here is New, Old, Gold or VB.

Double edit: and as far as craft beer on tap is concerned, the industry would sell a shitload more if Australian pubs were not dismal crappy dives that look like something out of the 1930s South Bronx. That's why most better-off Australians use their golf club, bowlo or RSL where you can actually take the wife and kids.

And the worst of the lot are craft brew cellar door bars. Nearly every one I've been in resembles an East German railway waiting room with steel furniture, nowhere comfortable to sit - what's with all the high metal stools that stick up your arse whenever you try to shift to a comfortable position?

End rant
Off to mow now.

So here I am sitting in the brewery bar at the New England Brewery with the concrete floor and the metal stool well up the bum.
Tough job but someone has to do it.

Bribie G said:
So here I am sitting in the brewery bar at the New England Brewery with the concrete floor and the metal stool well up the bum.
Tough job but someone has to do it.
Yeah but how is the double imperial hefepoodle?

The hefepoodle got run over in the street while it was licking its dick.

I'll do a review of the other beers in the New England thread with photos. Some interesting features like old open fermenting rounds.
Hoping to bail up the brewer this afternoon when we get back from The Fate of the Furious in Armidale.

Worried about getting old and retirement?
It's actually quite a ball.

Yeehaah

I had acouple of pints of this yesterday and enjoyed it very much, a very quaffable session beer.
With a plethora of very ordinary over hopped beers being labelled as Pale Ales and IPA's it was a welcome change.

Latest posts

Back