Wicked Elf Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
I stumbled across 2 beers from 'The little Brewing Company" whilst staying in Port Macquarie recently

Wicked Elf Pale Ale

Similar to LCPA, but not as good. Hoping was a bit over balanced and i found that after that the 3rd yook a bit of drinking . If you like overly hoped beers than it is not to bad, just doesnt seem to have the balance right.Was a bit sweetish in flavor

And it is filtered and carbonated before bottling, as there is no sediment

Wicked Elf Pilsner

Bit dissapointed, found the flavors clashed a bit, and was also difficult to get thru 3 bottles, Strong hop flavors. very bold, so it cant be critised for lack of flavor . Not the best Pilsner, but not the worst.
The Saaz didnt come accross clean like they should in a Pilsner.

Also filtered

I live in Port Macquarie, and have consumed the same beers. I do like them, and buy them from time to time, but tend to agree largely with the comments made by Ducatiboy Stu. However, at least the beers have some character, and very recognisable hop flavour and aroma.
The Pale Ale shows strong Cascade character, but otherwise does not have a great deal of complexity.
The Pilsner is very clean, with obvious Saaz character, and it is very pale in colour. I tasted it alongside a JS Pilsener, and prefer the Wicked Elf. However, we also tasted it alongside a Pilsner Urquell, which is deeper in colour and with more malt complexity, and all round a better balanced and more complex beer.
The owner and brewer started off home brewing, and it went from there.
I have yet to try the beers at the micro brewery at The Pub With No Beer at Taylor's Arm. Has anyone tried them?

Sounds good, don't know if we'd find them up here in the Sunshine State though?? :(

Just gotta ask though - Wicked Elf - Happy Goblin - Hmmmm... Hairy Hobbit?? <_< Angry Dwarf??? :D

Murrays beers from the Pub with no Beer are awesome, love the Pale and am really looking foward to the 2IPA coming out in bottles, I am making the pilgramige there next week to have the rest of the beers :super:

Latest posts

Back