Why should I remove Lables

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.T.B.Co

Reaction score
006.jpg

Where the **** did I put that stubby :huh:
I found it! It was the coldest but it went to waist because of the carb-drop lol...

Who has done that before!

While I have you attention, How many time do you re-use your pet bottle lids if at all
:drinks: vic shit...

I used to reuse 5 - 6 times.

I re-use all my PET lids. I pop the blue thing out straight after opening a bottle and clean it, then sanitise and re-assemble before capping.

Not sure if it's a good practice or not though.

Clutch said:
I used to reuse 5 - 6 times.
I don't want to use them to many times either. maybe i'm a bit paranoid.. I also hate swigg'n out of plastic bottles...

felten said:
I re-use all my PET lids. I pop the blue thing out straight after opening a bottle and clean it, then sanitise and re-assemble before capping.

felten said:
I re-use all my PET lids. I pop the blue thing out straight after opening a bottle and clean it, then sanitize and re-assemble before capping.

That's not to hard... stripping and sterilizing is a good idea but do the threads and seals deteriorate after a while.

Cheers Dave

I've used my same PET bottle lids since I started brewing again back in August last year. Give them a good rinse in hot water and starsan...sweet as. :)

I think after a year of use I might replace them.

That's good to know that they last so long, thanks for that.
I noticed when rinsing them that liquad was getting under the seal and thought "INFECTION"

I have just bottled my 6th brew with the coopers micro kit and i have already started re-using the pets that came with the Kit!

You get a nice full bottle with little headspace, I think my wand does a poor job of this. Which do you use?

:icon_offtopic: those bottles are a little thin for re-use, speaking from experience

Edak said:
You get a nice full bottle with little headspace, I think my wand does a poor job of this. Which do you use?
I purchased a new one from the LBS because the coopers kit one leaked, Im not sure what brand it is Edak but I could fill them the same with the coopers one

Pennywise said:
:icon_offtopic: those bottles are a little thin for re-use, speaking from experience
You think so PW, I use a leaver capper and not the mash on one so hopefully so breakage

Did any of you get the reason for starting the thread :huh:

I capped and carbed the vb stubby that I was drinking :lol: :lol: Hence, Take the labels off cause the all look the same!!!

T.T.B.Co said:
Did any of you get the reason for starting the thread :huh:
You sometimes get that with gibberish.

That's true. At the risk of offending the brew gods, a beer is even more important at bottling than on brewday.

Going of the topic title, I don't think 'Labels' should be removed, as far as I know he hasn't ever offended anyone and always been pretty good here on the forum :p

T.T.B.Co said:
You think so PW, I use a leaver capper and not the mash on one so hopefully so breakage
I think PW may be referring to how the bottles can withstand pressure and not blow up?

To go back OT (original topic B)), labels can hide bottle fractures that would lead to bottle bombs for sure if used, so a good reason to remove them?

I think he means "This is why I should remove labels."

Brew #3 is over carbed to the shit house with a few gushes but no bombs thanks to the beer god's

Back