Why Cant I Get My Act Together When It Comes To Competitions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Franko you brew some greAt beers for a novice took me years to achieve what you brewing"

I learnt from the best mate I thankyou for your teaching

Franko

Pumpy, it sounds like you need to get familair with the word restraint............. that or ask Haysie about carpet bombing ;)

cheers

Browndog

Its a great sport, restraint.......... ....

Its a great sport, restraint.......... ....

Certainly is Haysie ;) and if only that beer that was a world beater when you bottled it didn't turn out to be out of style, a gusher, infected, oxidised, under carbed, not hoppy enough or too hoppy when the judges get to taste it. Lucky we got to drink the whole keg when it was tasting great.

Certainly is Haysie ;) , if only that beer that was a world beater when you tasted it didn't turn out to be out of style, a gusher, infected, oxidised, under carbed, not hoppy enough or too hoppy.

A gusher would be infected, under hopped over hopped under carbed would be out of style. A world beater Browndog :beerbang: , bring it on.! Yet to taste it.

Stuff comps, have another drink and rise above it all :icon_drunk:

A gusher would be infected, under hopped over hopped under carbed would be out of style. A world beater Browndog :beerbang: , bring it on.! Yet to taste it.

Yes, that's pretty obvious Haysie, a world beater? for those that have been suckered into entering comps there would not be too many who have not brewed what they thought to be a fantastic beer to style drunk from the keg and bottled it only to have it panned in a comp for a multitude of reasons.

Browndog, I`m getting a little lost in your train of thought, Your last post somewhat ridicules the banners you have flying i.e signature. advertising competition B)

Whats going on in Horsham Mantis?

Why Oh Why cant I get a beer in a bottle to the next competition

I am so hopless at achieving this Goal

I just wish I was Like Barry Cranberry and Peter I love Jamil Zainasheff.

They really have there act together .

Is there a trick to having the right beer at the right time for the Competition ? .

Pumpy :(
You can always try for the wooden spoon. Lowest score you can get without it being written off as infected.
My record low so far is 16/50, but I'm sure I've heard of a 13.

You just have to want it enough Pumpy.

When you are a true, shameless and helpless Trophy Slut like me... you never forget comps - the chance to give yourself a glimmer of golden medal shaped validation in your otherwise worthless and glamor free life is just more than you can let slip past.

Now if you will excuse me - I have to go polish my medals and cry myself to sleep

I have a list of brews I want to get in for comps but with everything full of other beer, and a terrible habit of not drinking fast enough I can't get the beers down for comps...

So many beers to brew, so few kegs, bottles, fermenters and cubes (only enough for 500l or so :blink: )

Latest posts

Back