Who Filters Their Brewing Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to get one for a good price there's a virtual oversupply of them on Evilbay. This is the seller I got mine from IIRC it cost me around $30 (minus cartridge). Which was around $15

Water Filters

They're well worth the investment.

Warren -

That's where I got my two filters, 1 clear and 1 blue housing both for $47 plus a box of 10x 1 micron carbon filters for $70 plus a box of 30x 0.5 micron sediment filters for $70. Just ring them 07 55800306 Gundrill Trading Pty Ltd, and NO afilliation, just good service from them ;) Link

My ISB wheat tastes great - I filtered & kegged it on the weekend. Yum. I'll have to hold myself back to ensure I save you guys some for Saturday :chug: . Stu, Gav & Ben, any chance of bringing a sample of yours around so we can have a side by side comparison of the effects / results of 4 different yeasts?

I've been considering getting a filter setup for a while. Where do folk recommend? Anyone on EVILBAY?

sorry about the thread hijack :ph34r:

beers

Crozdog

There is a link on page 2 for filters on EVILBAY, and they were not so evil but good [for a change] This is the link if it does not work. Oh, and No afilliation.

Don't mean to start a war, but have a look at the price on the Pentek CBC-1 carts, $40 inc postage, that's cheaper than Ross...

Prices have certainly plumetted over the last 6 months, it's very hard to compete in the water filtering stakes at the moment :( . Avoid the granular cartridges though, they are prone to chanelling - stick with carbon block. I'm going to discontinue my water filters shortly, so if anyone wants to contact me, I'll happily do a deal on my few remaining units [email protected]

cheers Ross

Avoid the granular cartridges though, they are prone to chanelling - stick with carbon block.

Not good news there Ross, i hope your business goes well without them. If the granular carts are no good would you say that a 0.5micron combined with carbon block in the 1st stage and then a granular carbon block for chloramine in the 2nd stage would still be OK?

Avoid the granular cartridges though, they are prone to chanelling - stick with carbon block.

Not good news there Ross, i hope your business goes well without them. If the granular carts are no good would you say that a 0.5micron combined with carbon block in the 1st stage and then a granular carbon block for chloramine in the 2nd stage would still be OK?

The water filters are moving too slowly to justify stocking them, with the market flooded with cheap units it makes selling a quality product at a profit really difficult.

Should be ok, not as if it'll do you any harm if it chanels, but I certainly wouldn't be using granular on drinking water (we are on tanks).

cheers Ross

Ross,
Can i ask you,(as i feel you are the filter guru!) what filter cartridge do you recomend for water treatment?

Its all getting a bit conflicting to me.?
I want one that filters the chloromines out? if possible...........
I want one filter to be effective to my HLT.......

I really want to avoid adding stuff to my water as its just another thing to do on the day, i dont need.
Sorry to hear the filters are not a mover for you, but dont worry mate we are all looking at your product list all the time ! :super:

HBW,

I can talk authoritively on beer filters, but my knowledge of water filters with all the new products flooding the market, I'm sorry is serverely limited.
If you want to drop me an email with your queries, I'll gladly investigate & get back to you with what I believe to be the best option - [email protected]

cheers Ross

My ISB wheat tastes great - I filtered & kegged it on the weekend. Yum. I'll have to hold myself back to ensure I save you guys some for Saturday :chug: . Stu, Gav & Ben, any chance of bringing a sample of yours around so we can have a side by side comparison of the effects / results of 4 different yeasts?

Yep I'll bring a couple along, not many left now though!!!!

I've been considering getting a filter setup for a while. Where do folk recommend? Anyone on EVILBAY?

sorry about the thread hijack :ph34r:

beers

Crozdog

See the link Ben posted earlier. I researched reasonably well some time back and those guys came up trumps IMO.

Back