Who Drives A Musclecar?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderlips

Reaction score
The opposite to BennyBrewster's topic :)
I love em all, old GT's, Monaro's, Chargers, newer HSV's and Falcons etc...
I've had this one for about 10 years or so.
1974_Holden_Monaro_GTS_Coupe_barbados_green_B.jpeg
1974_Holden_Monaro_GTS_Coupe_barbados_green_C.jpeg
1974_Holden_Monaro_GTS_Coupe_barbados_green_E.jpeg
It gets lots of honks and thumbs up whenever it's driven around :)

My old car used to keep me poor. A VX commy that ran low 13's.

Sold it as I have a company car now.

Hows this then????

Shes for sale too

DSC00698.JPG

BennyBrewster said:
Whats in the HQ Thunderlips ?
[post="100837"][/post]​
A 350.
It makes a sweet sound too, no need for the radio, just wind the windows down and let her rip :)

Used to drive an XY Falcon, warm, rebuilt 302 cleveland, 600 vac sec holley, with GT "Shaker", pacemaker extractors running into 2 1/2" dual exhausts,classic chrome twelve slots and rear aluminuim GT spoiler. I miss those days........considering I went from that, to my current bog stock '85 xf falcon powered with a factory delete optioned 3.3l engine.......AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH. Though the move has probably saved my life, since there's now no point in getting road rage, coz I can't catch/keep up with anyone to abuse them :( :angry: :)

Cheers

A '66 pontiac parisenne....327 V8, 2 speed powerglide and 4 door pillarless

Linz said:
A '66 pontiac parisenne....327 V8, 2 speed powerglide and 4 door pillarless
[post="100856"][/post]​

i stand corrected, the front end looks very similar to a Phoenix the Old Man had when i was a boy.

nice car
:beer:
ruserious

I have a Morris minor 1000 Ute. A truly awsome performance machine. Has been known to reach a top speed of 120Km/Hr, but feels like about 200, especially with its complete lack of brakes and "floaty" suspension

I also have a HJ wagon with 300+hp 308...man that thing boogies and sounds fantastic at full noise....

i see you a Morris and raise you a modified street bug. it will cruise at 110km/h all day and not worry about hills

here is my ute

It aint no flash muscle car of old but its great fun to drive

i lowered it about 3 inches, pacemaker headers, twin cats, open 3" exhaust and a dinted in tailgate like all good contry utes :p

Its a series 3 with the VT roller cam moter in it.

200 KW in a light arse use is fun. more fun that a morris minor but not as much as a ducati :beerbang:

I love V8's but the quickest car i ever drove was a mazda RX3 with a poriferal ported twin turbo 13B.

That thing revved to about 12000rpm and weighed 800KG.

We put it airbourn (all 4 wheels in the air) on maitland road in newcastle heading up the hil towards the industrial highway turnoff while leaving a rumbling 351 GT a long way behind. That was a scary machine. and i had mates with LJ torana 2 doors with 500 HP 355 strokers in them that would doo wheel stands!! but not as fast

mmmmmmmmmmm when i win loto the ute is getting a come racing 383 stroker with alloy twin throttle intake and alloy heads. 9" diff and a powerglide :D Ahhhhhhhhh the dream.

Well im in it...... just got to win it

cheers and love the kingswood............ its a legend :beerbang:

LA2V 929 Wagon,
S4/5 hybrid engine,
S4 turbo,
LTX8 ECU,
121/RX-5 combo box,
The Family Truckster...........I mean sleepster!
WAGONbeforeMIPatOLDph04.jpg

Looks more like a muscle car when fitted with the ol' widened 13" chrome stockers...but the lack of a V8 kills any MC status :p

PZ.

It's not a real muscle car without a bullbar. :lol:

89 Brumby

edit: removed licence plate

brum2.JPG

Does a 600hp '94 GTR count? What about a 120hp '65 Cooper S? Not what I'd call muscle but mighty quick and mighty fun.

Gotta get a scan done of my '70 1150cc torana, the 's' model. really dont know what that 's' was all about, maybe 'should have', this baby's only accessory is a vent, open or closed, no fan!
very funky 1970 paint job, onlt 25000 miles first time round too!

aoljtorana2dt.jpgI'm slowly working on my LJ - have rebuilt the front suspension so far (bushes, springs, shocks, new fasteners and powdercoated), and am working on the interior at the moment - new door trims with speaker pods etc, plus rebilding all the door mechanisms and fitting central locking. Also got a commodore style wiper/washer system to go in as soon as i can be bothered changing steering column and taking out the heater box. Next on the list is new front brakes (commodore discs), diff (probably borg warner 4 pinion) and a 350 chev.

Back